OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Yeah, it makes zero sense. Especially now with MA seeing a little uptick in cases. I'd prefer they go back to phase 2 and be patient.

I must say, I don’t feel unsafe at work - they’ve done a good job imo. I just don’t see why we need to be going in if the job is getting done right now.

Going to work does make things feel more ‘normal’ and the commute has been great, just don’t see the need for even a small chance at this point..

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Posted it in the MLB thread, but the Marlins supposedly knew about the positive tests and held a team meeting to decide if they should play yesterday, which they did. What a shit show.
dont doubt it. NHL will prob do the same thing if its a game 7 and Marchand test positive. Especially hockey players because they play through so much worse than the most common virus symptoms. If they even have symptoms.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I must say, I don’t feel unsafe at work - they’ve done a good job imo. I just don’t see why we need to be going in if the job is getting done right now.

Going to work does make things feel more ‘normal’ and the commute has been great, just don’t see the need for even a small chance at this point..

I had the exact opposite reaction at my work. Too many people walking around without wearing their masks in common areas. Nobody distancing. No temp checks. No self quarantining if you come back from a vacation in a hot spot, and we have 3 people on our team going to Disney in August. So I got out of dodge and said I didn't feel safe. Probably put a target on my back, but why should I risk it for any job that would drop me in a heartbeat if they wanted?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I had the exact opposite reaction at my work. Too many people walking around without wearing their masks in common areas. Nobody distancing. No temp checks. No self quarantining if you come back from a vacation in a hot spot, and we have 3 people on our team going to Disney in August. So I got out of dodge and said I didn't feel safe. Probably put a target on my back, but why should I risk it for any job that would drop me in a heartbeat if they wanted?

I don’t blame you, people not following the rules isn’t on you - it’s the very reason things are the mess they are..

I am taking my son to power skating tonight, so maybe that makes me a hypocrite for not wanting to go into the office...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don’t blame you, people not following the rules isn’t on you - it’s the very reason things are the mess they are..

I am taking my son to power skating tonight, so maybe that makes me a hypocrite for not wanting to go into the office...

Paul Vincent, by any chance?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

It does make things feel normal. Which is why in some sense, Im glad Ive been going into work through this whole shitshow.

Also- with the baseball thing. They cancelled these games because they get tested daily. Im guessing most players didnt even know they were sick. Think about how many employers at your place of work would test positive if they had daily tests. Im guessing theyd have a about 10 positives cases at my workplace.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The kind of storrowing we've been craving

peeledback.jpg

Reactions: BMC and DKH

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
oooof....I broke a sweat just filling the bird feeder. Good luck to you!

Although installing a squirrel feeder has now been providing me hours of laughs.It was worth it.

I hope you stayed hydrated!

Plentiful water and sunscreen were the order of the day!

We are provided with an air conditioned trailer to take our coffee and our lunch in, and plenty of ice and water. On days like today, working sensibly and not over-exerting yourself are really your best protection from the elements. You might think I’m crazy, but I’ll take a hundred days like today over a week of 19 degree temps with a wind-chill of negative 20.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

That's eco-terrorism.

China is really up to a lot of bad shit in the global agricultural sphere. I watched a documentary about how they're heavily engaged in biopiracy and bribing officials to import protected species of food plants from South America, then producing nutritionally deficient versions of them by modifying them to grow in the climate and soil there. It's potentially devastating to farming around the world if their bastardized hybrids overrun the original species.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad