OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
How would you rate Mass hospitals in general for best treatment. Compare to other states. From best to worst.

Mass
New York
California
Chicago
New Jersey
Florida
Texas
Arizona
Georgia
Louisiana

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How would you rate Mass hospitals in general for best treatment. Compare to other states. From best to worst.

Mass
New York
California
Chicago
New Jersey
Florida
Texas
Arizona
Georgia
Louisiana
MA hospitals landed at #6 and #12 respectively. When you break it down by specialty, they show up top 3 especially in mental health and rehab services.

Here is the annual honor roll of US Hospitals: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings

We are incredibly lucky in Boston and in New England to have exceptional health care. I'm very biased since my parents worked for one of the hospitals for 40 years each, my sister put in 5 years and I put in 7 before moving on.

Reactions: Spooner st

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Mass
New York
California
Chicago
New Jersey
Florida
Texas
Arizona
Georgia
Louisiana

That's probably an accurate list (assuming you're looking at the full state and not just major cities). For example, Georgia has some strong hospitals in Atlanta, but that's mostly because of Emory University. Most of the state is rural, and you're not going to get the same quality of care outside of Atlanta.

Reactions: Spooner st

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That's probably an accurate list (assuming you're looking at the full state and not just major cities). For example, Georgia has some strong hospitals in Atlanta, but that's mostly because of Emory University. Most of the state is rural, and you're not going to get the same quality of care outside of Atlanta.
This is a huge reason why MA is at the top of the list imo. The community outreach not only by Partners (MGH/Brigham) but also Tufts, Beth Israel, Boston Medical and UMass is the best in the country.

I worked at one of the community hospitals prior to the Brigham taking over and 9 years later, you would never know how outdated and inefficient it was. It is a case study on what happens when someone is willing to invest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad