OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Footage from what looks like a nanny cam in Beirut.

97KtBcW.gif

They all pulled away from it, thankfully the glass didn't shatter.

HQhwBt9.gif

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

o_O

:help:

Those poor people. Also read it left 300,000 people homeless

:cry:

See people. Oversight and regulations are good. They save lives. But you have to follow them and listen

the worst thing about this blast is yet to come, everyone within 2 km could be suffering from ruptured lungs and not know it yet, and the poisonous fallout from the blast is going to cause health -problems that wont be immediately known

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Pete Hamill, the Brooklyn-born bard of the five boroughs and eloquent voice of his beloved hometown as both newspaper columnist and best-selling author, died Wednesday morning. He was 85.

Hamill passed away in New York-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where he was taken after a Saturday fall that fractured his right hip, said his brother and fellow ex-Daily News columnist Denis Hamill. His elder sibling underwent emergency surgery, but his heart and kidneys failed four days later in the intensive care unit, said Denis Hamill.

“The truly great Pete Hamill died this morning,” tweeted Dan Barry, columnist at The New York Times. “Newspaperman, novelist, mentor to so many, citizen of the world. I once wrote that if the pavement of New York City could talk, it would sound like Pete Hamill. Now that city weeps.”

Legendary journalist and writer Pete Hamill dead at 85 after fall

I read his memoir, A Drinking Life, years ago. Outstanding writer, and among the last of the hard working, hard living NYC reporters. He was the city, and the city was him.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
  1. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley - 1958
  2. The Chipmunk Song - The Chipmunks - 1958
  3. The Thing - Phil Harris - 1950
  4. Witch Doctor - David Seville - 1958
  5. St. George and the Dragonet - Stan Freberg - 1953
  6. Monster Mash - Bobby (Boris) Pickett - 1962
  7. It's in the Book - Johnny Standley - 1952
  8. Alley-Oop - The Hollywood Argyles - 1960
  9. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini -
    Brian Hyland
  10. Mr. Custer - Larry Verne - 1960
  11. Snoopy Vs. the Red Baron - The Royal Guardsmen - 1967
  12. Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp) -
    Allan Sherman
  13. Charlie Brown - The Coasters - 1959
Top 100 Novelty Hits of the '50s and '60s | Way Back Attack

I like silly humor, but I also like cheesy songs. The 50s and 60s and Halloween are good sources for novelty music and workout music. Do you remember any of the beauties listed above?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The tranquil images of the shoot make this particularly eerie.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Man this shit sucks

Gang Member Or Not, Chicago Should Care About FBG Duck’s Murder, Activists Say — And Warn Retaliation Could Leave More Dead

Been listening to him heavily. Leaves behind 4 kids. Should have left Chicago and focused on his career and songs like "Ok" that if promoted right would have made him a star. Instead he made songs dissing dead rival gang members. Like not even 15 minutes after Duck was pronounced dead his rivals were on Social Media laughing and sending shots. I think I take Nipsey and Duck being murdered personally cuz I have felt the pain of losing a talented friend to murder.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Top 100 Novelty Hits of the '50s and '60s | Way Back Attack

I like silly humor, but I also like cheesy songs. The 50s and 60s and Halloween are good sources for novelty music and workout music. Do you remember any of the beauties listed above?

Fun songs! I have heard most of them but would like to add "My Ding-a-Ling" by Chuck Berry - it was early 70s but it caused such a stink...lol Which reminds me of Dead Skunk in the Middle of The Road.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Fun songs! I have heard most of them but would like to add "My Ding-a-Ling" by Chuck Berry - it was early 70s but it caused such a stink...lol Which reminds me of Dead Skunk in the Middle of The Road.

Another great silly song is “The Streak “ by Ray Stevens

Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Wow. That's a drag.

At this point I should not be surprised our end of the state has always been an afterthought when something like this happens.
Eversource is taking major heat from the State of CT for underestimating the potential for damage. Maybe that will light a fire under their asses

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad