GDT: The New Jersey Devils vs The Pittsburgh Penguins

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
since some of you enjoyed my Devils Post-Game Report, here is my new Pre-Game Report

0pnphRs.png

Wrong Should be

Are we playing a good team ??

Yes = Shutout
No = Starting Goalie or Backup . If Backup , Shutout.

If Starting Goalie , Is the goalie huge ? If Yes , Shutout

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My buddy came across a new Fake Deboer twitter account

Bio : Father of 2. Children names are Pete and Stephen :laugh::laugh:
I don't know whether to be happy that people are using my lines (I started calling Harrold Petey Jr) Or mad that I'm not getting royalties!:p::laugh:
We did destroy Carlos Hutchinson or whatever that plug from Nashville's name is.

He's the only backup we've beaten this year out of 6 we've faced. We scored more than enough to win against LaBarbera in Edmonton, but we all know how much of a nightmare that game was.

We also got shutout by special guest goalie in Winnipeg, Nascar driver Juan Pablo Montoya.

I really don't wanna play Jeff Zitcough. Please play MAF!:laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I don't know whether to be happy that people are using my lines (I started calling Harrold Petey Jr) Or mad that I'm not getting royalties!:p::laugh:

He's the only backup we've beaten this year out of 6 we've faced. We scored more than enough to win against LaBarbera in Edmonton, but we all know how much of a nightmare that game was.

We also got shutout by special guest goalie in Winnipeg, Nascar driver Juan Pablo Montoya.

I really don't wanna play Jeff Zitcough. Please play MAF!:laugh:

MAF is starting, dont worry

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maf in net !!!!

Wooooooo

We might actually score tonight !!!

GIF PARTY

Wow. Reading this made my blood pressure go down enormously! I can stomach another shutout to MAF. NO WAY can I stomach another backup.

The phrase ''We make backups look like Vezina caliber goalies'' has never been more true than it has this year so far. And we ain't even 20 games in.:help:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Historically we don't tend to struggle with MAF. Just going off memory here. We usually match up with this team pretty well. Though once a year we seem to suffer an obligatory blowout at the hands of the Penguins. Not including that one year that we beat them all 6 times.

Most of the blowouts seem to happen in Pittsburgh, but there's been some at home too. The game on retro day in 2012.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
MAF shut us out last time we played.

MAF is the only clear cut #1 goalie to shut us out this year. The other 4 were backups. I mean Harding is kind of a 1b goalie, but the other 3 were all undisputed number 2's on their teams.

Historically MAF doesn't own us, but he probably has 3 career shutouts against us.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
MAF is the only clear cut #1 goalie to shut us out this year. The other 4 were backups. I mean Harding is kind of a 1b goalie, but the other 3 were all undisputed number 2's on their teams.

I was reliably informed on nhl.com last night that Scrivens would be a starter on any other team than LAK

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some interesting facts about the Flower and his record against the Devils.

He is 16-20-4 against the Devils in his career. 915 save percentage, 2.50 GAA, 4 shutouts.

Oddly enough MAF hasn't lost to any team in the league more than the Devils. That's the team he has the most losses against. He hasn't lost more than 14 regulation games against any other team. He's lost 20 to the Devils. Thank you Hockey-Reference.com

So translation, we own MAF historically more often than not. The team we have now doesn't seem to own anybody though, other than Lundqvist.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was reliably informed on nhl.com last night that Scrivens would be a starter on any other team than LAK

Toronto could have kept him. Instead they decided to trade for Jonathan Bernier and include him in the package. He didn't even make his NHL debut until last year and he's 27 years old.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
since some of you enjoyed my Devils Post-Game Report, here is my new Pre-Game Report

0pnphRs.png

:laugh: this is awesome, accurate too :nod:

If NJD can come out of tonight's game with two points, I'll feel a little bit better after the disappointment yesterday. We'll see though, its always tough to beat a team like the Penguins.

Marty's going to need to be as sharp as he was last week.

Kevo18

Jan 11, 2011
Listening in on the radio tonight. That usually gets us over the hump and they produce offense. We get shut out almost every time I watch on tv. Such as last night.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Indeed. Please let me know if anyone who played well yesterday will be allowed to play more than 10 min.to day. BTW does Brunner have a PIM clause in his contract ?

If you have internet on the flight (awesome!) you should try and look for a stream of the game somewhere, unless the connection is garbage.

Arrive safely!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->