GDT: The New Jersey Devils vs The Pittsburgh Penguins

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The board in Devils’ locker room after Friday night’s 2-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings said “same lineup” for tonight’s game. That would mean Tedenby and Josefson will be healthy scratches again tonight.

Thank god.

Because if there's one thing this team needs tonight, it Cam Janssen's speed and penalty killing abilities against that speedy Pittsburgh squad.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
If getting blown out tonight gets us a coaching change, ill be rooting for Pittsburgh tonight

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm glad to see Larsson's Peanut Butter nickname is starting to become a reality. It's kind of sad that I was more excited to see that than I probably will be to watch this game tonight. To be fair though, I was pretty excited.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Needs more Gionta and Harrold.

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr
Gionta-Elias-Gionta
Gionta-Gionta-Bernier
Gionta-Gionta-Janssen

Gelinas-Gionta
Harrold-Harrold
Harrold-Harrold

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't wait to see Gionta and Harrold against Crosby's line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll be line matched against him all night! Oh, and probably double shifted so they can play against Malkin as well.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
They'll be line matched against him all night! Oh, and probably double shifted so they can play against Malkin as well.

I hear their third line is pretty dangerous as well. May as well triple shift them just to be safe

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Lemaire is probably pissed and wants to know why his prized prospect, Josefson, is being scratched for Cam and Gionta.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can't wait to see Gionta and Harrold against Crosby's line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost lost it when Pete had them and Janssen out there last night against Kopitar/Williams late in one of the periods (I think the second). AT HOME!!! At least on the road you have an excuse for getting caught in a bad matchup. More tactical brilliance from Pete.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
stay positive....

The Penguins are 2-8-2 in their last 12 at Prudential Center, scoring an average of 1.75 goals. They lost both games there last season, including a 3-2 defeat during their most recent visit April 25.

Brodeur is 8-2-0 with a 1.49 GAA and two shutouts over his last 10 home meetings with Pittsburgh.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I would give up my (unborn) first born child for a Lemaire presser on this current team.

It would pretty much follow somewhere along these lines

1444729908_preview.jpg

ny_g_lemaire1x_300.jpg

9530566-large.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll be there tonighy so we better win.

Good news is Marty is playing tonight and we score for Marty.

Are we really posting more Chere stuff. There is a reason TG isn't sharing this stuff guys

B A T M A N

If getting blown out tonight gets us a coaching change, ill be rooting for Pittsburgh tonight
We could lose 20-0 and DeBoer would still have his job until Christmas Eve. The team isn't the only one that lacks killer instinct. Lou has lacked it for a long time.

Arguably since he let Niedermayer walk to Anaheim. Should've offered Gomez for Rob Nieds to keep Scotty.

Does anybody else miss Johnny Oduya? I sure do.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll be there tonighy so we better win.

Good news is Marty is playing tonight and we score for Marty.

Are we really posting more Chere stuff. There is a reason TG isn't sharing this stuff guys

It's not like Chere's lying about Lemaire being there though. I don't see any significance in him posting it and TG not, other than perhaps the fact TG's not making as much of it as Chere is intimating.

I mean the only thing you could say is that Lou is usually more secretive and less transparent when he is going to make a change, the writing doesn't tend to publicly be on the wall. He'll just pull the rug out from nowhere.

There's 'some' significance in Lemaire having an extended visit at this point in the season. What it is is debatable. Could be player evaluation more than coach evaluation. But he's not here for a week in November for his health.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
It's not like Chere's lying about Lemaire being there though. I don't see any significance in him posting it and TG not, other than perhaps the fact TG's not making as much of it as Chere is intimating.

I mean the only thing you could say is that Lou is usually more secretive and less transparent when he is going to make a change, the writing doesn't tend to publicly be on the wall. He'll just pull the rug out from nowhere.

There's 'some' significance in Lemaire having an extended visit at this point in the season. What it is is debatable. Could be player evaluation more than coach evaluation. But he's not here for a week in November for his health.

Great point. All I was told all year was "Lemaire is retired! He's with his grandkids! He's not coming back!"

Well he's in Lou's box and has been for over a week. Two three games and 2 practices and a morning skate. He traveled with the team to watch them. This isn't the sign of a guy who wants to be with his grandkids retired.

Status Quo*

I'll be at the game tonight. Just got offered suite tickets. I'll make sure to have a talking with Lou and the new owners :laugh:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
What's Lemaire's official capacity, special assignment coach or something? I'm sure he's just here on Lou's request just to see if he take a look at the team and make some suggestions. I wouldn't read into it any more than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->