The new involvement of Mikko Rantanen

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
This is not really all that much hockey news, but still: Jenna Saario palaa mustavalkoisiin – “Turha sitä on kierrellä, etteikö odotukset olisi korkealla!” – TPS Salibandy

TPS-kasvatti ja NHL-tähti Mikko Rantanen lähti mukaan tukemaan naisten huippu-urheilun ja juniorityön edellytysten kehittämistä, onhan tämä hieno tilanne.

Colorado Avalanchessa hienoa NHL-uraa tekevä ja myös TPS Salibandyä juniorina edustanut Mikko Rantanen lähti tukemaan naisten huippu-urheilua vahvalla TPS-sydämellä.
– Sydämeni on edelleen vahvasti mustavalkoinen ja olen saanut TPS:ltä hyvät eväät uralleni. Nyt minulla on sauma antaa takaisin ja haluan ilomielin sekä ylpeänä kantaa oman korteni kekoon etenkin naisten huippu-urheilun tukemiseksi. Varsinkin koronan jälkeen urheilu ja seurat tarvitsevat meidän kaikkien tukea, jotta pystymme yhdessä antamaan mahdollisuuksia unelmoida ja harrastaa, toteaa Rantanen itse.

"TPS-graduate and NHL-star Mikko Rantanen joined to support women top floorball and to developing the chances to boost junior working, this is a great situation"

"Mikko Rantanen, who represented TPS Floorball as a junior, is making a great NHL-career in Colorado Avalanche and joined with strong TPS-heart to support women top floorball."

"My heart is still strongly black and white and I've got from TPS great tools for my career. Now I have a chance to give back and want with pleasure and proudly to help specifically the women top sport. Especially after COVID-19 sports and clubs needs the support from all of us, so we can together help the chances to dream and practice hobby, says Rantanen himself".

Really got to appreciate the idea that he supports women sports. They are always tight on resources and I'm sure this will help them a lot.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I'm guessing he's also strong in the cabin.

Yeah, most likely. From a player who makes closer to 10 million per year, even if he would put one percent (100k) per year to TPS that would be a massive investment from the view of the team.

This is pretty good "marketing trick" from Rantanen too, I'm not going to say that's any kind of negative, but vice versa, I feel like this kind of things should be brought up to fans etc. because he really deserves that for doing something like this.

I have always liked a lot more of "returning to roots" kind of investments in these teams than some "Well I have an extra ten billion here, let's buy Manchester City just for fun". I'm sure that Rantanen actually cares that TPS does well and especially that children in Turku have opportunities to play.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Yeah, most likely. From a player who makes closer to 10 million per year, even if he would put one percent (100k) per year to TPS that would be a massive investment from the view of the team.

This is pretty good "marketing trick" from Rantanen too, I'm not going to say that's any kind of negative, but vice versa, I feel like this kind of things should be brought up to fans etc. because he really deserves that for doing something like this.

I have always liked a lot more of "returning to roots" kind of investments in these teams than some "Well I have an extra ten billion here, let's buy Manchester City just for fun". I'm sure that Rantanen actually cares that TPS does well and especially that children in Turku have opportunities to play.

You don't put 100k type of money women's floor ball. He is investing his name to motivate the girls and maybe donating a couple of bucks to the team. Rantanen was a rather good player in floorball and probably has quite a few buddies from those circles asking for a bit of a promotion every now and then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad