OT: The New dRunks Thread ‎Part 2

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014

have a weekend, im drunk as hell

this might be my favorite album but who cares
cant wait until the draft, it's been too long goddamnit. im too anxious to see our lineup next season

Reactions: Oneiro and Guadana

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

have a weekend, im drunk as hell

this might be my favorite album but who cares
cant wait until the draft, it's been too long goddamnit. im too anxious to see our lineup next season

found this on cd at a thrift shop for 2 bucks…..the talking schtick between songs gets annoying real fast though

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
found this on cd at a thrift shop for 2 bucks…..the talking schtick between songs gets annoying real fast though
it's a loose concept album supposed to drive you through the california desert from LA to Joshua Tree. the way it starts, continues and ends with all the radio skits is why i've always liked it so much. i'll probably never be there, but i can feel it.

it's like you're there through the journey but you're really not

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
this fell to page 3 in over a month? …solo wine and cheese like a douchebag party right here
You would have thought the discussion in the Ranking the Devils Prospects by Position thread would have made this a popular thread

Rainy day/night here in NJ. Maker's 46 for me and Kirk & Sweeney rum for the GF while watching TB-Houston.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
You would have thought the discussion in the Ranking the Devils Prospects by Position thread would have made this a popular thread

Rainy day/night here in NJ. Maker's 46 for me and Kirk & Sweeney rum for the GF while watching TB-Houston.

beer and wine here…..moved 2 pianos and a pump organ today (not as a job) …..my brother's 1870 heintzman and co. upright was swapped out here for my 1901 dominion and organ co. upright which is way better sounding… my bro's needs work on a bunch of the hammer return action, a bunch of lower register notes dont return …i want no part of it….. …mine's just solid all around and dosen't sound as "ragtimey" as his does…..but weights a bit more

…..the pump organ was a free gift and sounds 'heavenly'….didnt need a come along winch to move the 8 step for that one……just 3 people

its basically this without the pipes to amplify it…basic 2 pedal bellows (youre a tit f***er bellows!!!) to make it sing….it has a mirror on the ornate top face!……and as my friend said, "so you can look into it and see the ghosts of the dead"

and then we drunkenly laughed

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, Songs for the Deaf is a classic. f***ing love that record.

Not similar at all, but some of you guys might like Autolux - Future Perfect.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Someone gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrell Barrell Proof (134) for Christmas. Sipping for the first time. I know what I will reach for if anything happens to my heater this winter.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It can't have been a full year and a half since someone has posted to a drunks thread. Is it just passe? I'm camping on the Puget sound and I am just frigging plastered.

Holy necrobump.

Reactions: Richer's Ghost

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Last week I went shopping for CBD for my wife. The guy at the smoke shop told me the gummies I pointed at were CBD, but I wasn’t trusting him. I bought it, popped one in my mouth, then looked up “Delta 8.” Turns out that’s a less potent THC. I popped another one in my mouth anyway.

Well, what they say about NYC weed being terrible must be true because that got me going for the rest of the night.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It can't have been a full year and a half since someone has posted to a drunks thread. Is it just passe? I'm camping on the Puget sound and I am just frigging plastered.

Holy necrobump.

Lol oh man this thread, I've missed it. I'm coming up on a year of not drinking. Not for any reason in particular, just getting drinking alone during a pandemic was more sad than anything lmao

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
One reason I miss working from home: no beer to crack open on the job. Of course I wouldn’t get drunk, but it was always fun to have a cold one by my side.

I used the lockdown as an opportunity to order from Flagship a couple of times. They’re on Staten Island but they deliver to southern Brooklyn every Friday. They make good stuff.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Went out to meet with a friend who’s been having a rough go of things over the past couple of months. I also promised my wife I wouldn’t get too drunk.

I’m splitting the difference by drinking a lot, getting a torta at a Mexican grocery not far from the bar, walking home until it’s 9:30, and then getting an Uber right home regardless of where I am. Here’s hoping I’m not too lost in the sauce… I hid my Delta 8 edible in the afternoon so I think I will be

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Went out to meet with a friend who’s been having a rough go of things over the past couple of months. I also promised my wife I wouldn’t get too drunk.

I’m splitting the difference by drinking a lot, getting a torta at a Mexican grocery not far from the bar, walking home until it’s 9:30, and then getting an Uber right home regardless of where I am. Here’s hoping I’m not too lost in the sauce… I hid my Delta 8 edible in the afternoon so I think I will be

A man with a plan - what could go wrong?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad