OT: The New dRunks Thread ‎Part 2

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm a little late to the party but on Friday night I apparently, I'm told, drank an entire bottle of Crown Royal.

This was following a 1/3 of a handle of Beam.

Point being, ginger ale masked the pain. The brutal reality of drunk.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Big fan of this thread guys, came here to say that I posted last night on the Isles board, just signed on and saw it, didn't even remember writing it. :laugh:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I've written essays in all three states. :)

I've attended class in all 3 states (and drank during class). I wouldn't write essays in all 3 states. Once I transition into drunk, I really get into the "**** it" mindset and wouldn't even write the paper anymore, no matter how important it is. Only reason I didn't drink (too often) when I actually intended to do a paper. Buzzed was my limit for assignments.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Thirsty Thursday was in full effect yet again at Stevens...

Banged down a Miller Lite (Yeah, I know. Yechh.) and two shots of vodka and got the hell out of there.

Only very slightly buzzed. Have a 9:00 am web development class tomorrow and don't care to get drunk on a weeknight.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Thirsty Thursday was in full effect yet again at Stevens...

Banged down a Miller Lite (Yeah, I know. Yechh.) and two shots of vodka and got the hell out of there.

Only very slightly buzzed. Have a 9:00 am web development class tomorrow and don't care to get drunk on a weeknight.

90% of people who say that are your current point in college change from that point of view within a year or two. You'll see in time as you get more settled into the general routine of what your classes demand.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
90% of people who say that are your current point in college change from that point of view within a year or two. You'll see in time as you get more settled into the general routine of what your classes demand.

That's true, but hey, going into my friend's dorm where I'd know there would be alcohol and me having a 9:00 am class in something I'm genuinely interested in the next day, I'm playing it safe.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
That's true, but hey, going into my friend's dorm where I'd know there would be alcohol and me having a 9:00 am class in something I'm genuinely interested in the next day, I'm playing it safe.

Nothing wrong with that. Just saying that attitude will likely change. College is still new for you, so its good that you have the right attitude about prioritizing class work. As you get further into it, you'll have a better grasp on what kind of work you need to put in to get what kind of grade you want, and drinking becomes far easier on any given day (with some exceptions of course).

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I've attended class in all 3 states (and drank during class). I wouldn't write essays in all 3 states. Once I transition into drunk, I really get into the "**** it" mindset and wouldn't even write the paper anymore, no matter how important it is. Only reason I didn't drink (too often) when I actually intended to do a paper. Buzzed was my limit for assignments.

I've also attended classes in all three states. One time my friend and I were so drunk in class that he threw up and I passed out. Luckily it was a big lecture so nobody noticed.

And on Slope Day, it is a tradition to go to class drunk.

As a history major, I have done so myself :laugh: Oddly enough the grades seem to stay the same! I'm not sure if that is good or bad though haha.

I was a history major too, and the two essays I wrote drunk were actually better received than many of my sober ones. Might be because my drunk alter ego is Lord Applebottom and the essays were for a British history class. :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

i once compared the ladies in a piccaso painting as showing off the fruit like they were 'barkers beauties' from the price is right.

it was around 4 am and i was blasted on a coffee and vodka mix. :laugh:

Les_Demoiselles_d%27Avignon.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Mixed drinks aren't doing it for me any more, neither is beer.

The only way to get drunks is shots, and I have to do those two at a time. I think I'm finally getting my tolerance where it needs to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->