The new canucks intro (inside stadium view)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I know that you guys missed it due to the leafs game, so it makes it better that I did record it! I took this video from my perspective in the champions club.
(Htc one if anyone's wondering)

(I'm new on HF, I usually use CDC b/c I like the site layout more.)

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I know that you guys missed it due to the leafs game, so it makes it better that I did record it! I took this video from my perspective in the champions club.
(Htc one if anyone's wondering)

yt

(I'm new on HF, I usually use CDC b/c I like the site layout more.)

Thanks for the video. The new stantion lights look awesome!

Also, welcome to HF!

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
2 minutes too long and it reminds me of the Senator standing at center ice in Ottawa.

Just tacky overall.

All I want is simplicity and Where the Streets Have No Name and I am more than happy.

EDIT: And whatever song they're using... I cringe at every "WE ARE!!!!"

Ugh. So bad.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
2 minutes too long and it reminds me of the Senator standing at center ice in Ottawa.

Just tacky overall.

All I want is simplicity and Where the Streets Have No Name and I am more than happy.

EDIT: And whatever song they're using... I cringe at every "WE ARE!!!!"

Ugh. So bad.
I honestly liked it! It was cool in the stadium. The voice over wasn't as bad as others think it was. Usually the intros take this long, etc. I've been to over 80 canucks games in recent years, and the lights usually start to dim 5-6 minutes before the anthem. At last night's game, it was just over 4 minutes before.

Also, when I posted this on CDC, I said the same thing. It was a lot cooler in person than how it looked in the video!

Last edited:

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
How can people justify comparing this to the gladiator of the sens? It's really not even close. Or saying that it was too long when they skipped all the individual player and coach introductions?

It was short and sweet and showcased the new stanchions. Not bad.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
How can people justify comparing this to the gladiator of the sens? It's really not even close. Or saying that it was too long when they skipped all the individual player and coach introductions?

It was short and sweet and showcased the new stanchions. Not bad.

I really don't like the "We Are All Canucks" slogan. I hate it. It started with that cheesy '7th Man Ceremony' and hasn't improved much since then. The whole thing feels a little too patronizing.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I really don't like the "We Are All Canucks" slogan. I hate it. It started with that cheesy '7th Man Ceremony' and hasn't improved much since then. The whole thing feels a little too patronizing.

It'd be cool if we could fill the stadium with seahawks fans for one day. Every time the opposing team was on offense or on a pp, we'd just make noise lol.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Didn't rock my world, but it was nice seeing what I missed on CBC thanks to the stupid leafs game. Thanks to the OP.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I felt uncomfortable and kind of embarrassed just watching that in my own house.

Was that just for the home opener, or are they doing that before every game?

groovygoodwine

May 8, 2013
Same thing for me RobertKron. I can't believe how embarassed I felt watching this, it almost seems like satire of some sort, it's just so cheesy and awkward. The dim light, the Blacksmith smelting...something.

I've also never liked the 'we are all canucks' slogan (Stanchion lights seem cool though)

/endrant

Last edited:

Nick the Viking

Aug 7, 2006
Republic of Colwood
The blacksmith stuff is pushing it on the cheese factor but it's not that bad. I don't mind the song and think the song would work great for a more simplified breakdown/intro. It was fine for the season opening but for future, just crank the track, light up the celebration lights and shoot off some fireworks

CookieCrumbs*

Absolutely BRUTAL. The most embarrassing team intro I have ever seen.

I can't believe they actually released this. Let's pray that they change it to something actually relevant to hockey. Not some "sticks and stones" parody. Ugh...

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
The music was good....creating some sort of a swagger feel.
Voiceover and the poem was just :facepalm: Let's just say it would have been pretty awesome without the voiceover.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Well if we win the cup we'll all be singing that song with our grandkids like the "Roar Lions Roar" tune which is equally horrible objectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->