The Never-Too-Early 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Were not picking at 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m against taking a goalie in round 1.

But boy, Dustin Wolf to me is easily the best goalie in the draft. Had a tremendous rookie year in the WHL. I think by the end of the year, he’ll be ranked in round 1

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Why we are assuming that we are picking at # 31 - the season hasn't even started

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I’m against taking a goalie in round 1.

But boy, Dustin Wolf to me is easily the best goalie in the draft. Had a tremendous rookie year in the WHL. I think by the end of the year, he’ll be ranked in round 1
I wouldn't take a goalie in the 1st either, but people are throwing the word prodigy around with Spencer Knight. He has a serious chance at making the USA WJC team as a 17-year-old. He was their main goalie at this years U-18.

I also don't know how accurate it is, but Knight is already 6'3, whereas Wolf is still listed at 6'0.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wouldn't take a goalie in the 1st either, but people are throwing the word prodigy around with Spencer Knight. He has a serious chance at making the USA WJC team as a 17-year-old. He was their main goalie at this years U-18.

I also don't know how accurate it is, but Knight is already 6'3, whereas Wolf is still listed at 6'0.

Knight is a solid prospect as well. I think prodigy is pushing it a bit though. I think Wolf is the better goalie, though that’s more based on my viewings of Wolf, rather than what I have or haven’t seen of Knight.

Wolf is 6’0. If he hits one last growth spurt and can add another 1.5 inches over the next 11 months and get to the 6’1.5 to 6’2 range, there’s no doubt in my mind there will be first round talk for Wolf.

Knight is obviously already that the height, and even weight of the modern ideal goalie. So he has the edge there.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Knight is a solid prospect as well. I think prodigy is pushing it a bit though. I think Wolf is the better goalie, though that’s more based on my viewings of Wolf, rather than what I have or haven’t seen of Knight.

Wolf is 6’0. If he hits one last growth spurt and can add another 1.5 inches over the next 11 months and get to the 6’1.5 to 6’2 range, there’s no doubt in my mind there will be first round talk for Wolf.

Knight is obviously already that the height, and even weight of the modern ideal goalie. So he has the edge there.
I meant more in how Knight has been highly hyped for 2 years (rare for a goalie) and is living up to expectations.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hughes with Vancouver's pick that they trade to is for taking on Tanev's contract and Mikko Kokkonen at 31.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You can't possibly be doing anything beyond trolling, if you think Vancouver would need to give us their first to take Tanev.
Nope, not trolling. It could be part of a larger deal I suppose; I am speculating about late June 2019.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Nope, not trolling. It could be part of a larger deal I suppose; I am speculating about late June 2019.

A larger deal, where Vancouver sends first overall AND Tanev to us? Are we sending them Matthews and Rielly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad