The NBA CBA: NHL owners and players should look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wizz said:
I've found a website which explain all the NBA CBA. I didn't read all of it because there are a lot of informations there, but there's some very interesting informations about their CBA that NHL owners and espacially players should take a look at it...

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

I'm sure they have.

Go Flames Go*

This seems reasonable and they should take a harder look at this.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
You didnt read it did you? Neither did I. But I remember glancing over it once before. And the reason I think you didnt actually read it, is because no one returning from reading it would say either:

A. its reasonable
B. they understand it.
C. its not just a cap with a 100 legal excuses for breaking it if you want, or hundred excuses for fans why you cant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Go Flames Go said:
This seems reasonable and they should take a harder look at this.

The NBA 'cost certainty is a joke" there are many loopholes and exception contracts players can sign.

Tying up these loopholes/trying to make it a cap is what has put the NBA in the same situation as the NHL is in right now.

Next season, when the NHL is (hopfully) returned by then, if not before, to start the 2005-2006, they are as likely to be the only game in town because it is expected that the NBA will go into another lockout.

And look at all the huge egos in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad