Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think the last draft was great very smart team building.
With the defensive prospects looking very good my choice if this report is true would be to draft

Yaroslav Askarov
Craig Button:
Goaltender Yaroslav Askarov:
Definitely in mix for 1st overall. Best goalie I've seen entering a draft since Carey Price in 2005. Skill, technique & IQ++ Last 12 months medal count: 2 gold (Hlinka '19 & U17) 2 silver (WJAC & U18) 1️ bronze (Hlinka '18)

Add Konovalov to that, then draft all of the forwards you like until the d and goalies develop. This team would be unstoppable.
If we could draft Askarov and then manage to get a Galchenyuk/Granlund level UFA forward in FA, along with adding a good forward through trade we could be a deadly team in a couple years.

Reactions: Markham30

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
If we could draft Askarov and then manage to get a Galchenyuk/Granlund level UFA forward in FA, along with adding a good forward through trade we could be a deadly team in a couple years.
You wouldnt need much to have a very very good team, plus you can still draft talent in the first round for a few years for scoring help.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
My top-10 for forwards so far:

1. Lafrenriere
2. Raymond
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Lundell
6. Holtz
7. Stutzle
8. Rossi (Quite high on him, I find him really underrated. In the OHL last year his ppg was wayyyy better than Byfield's, and better than Perfetti's as well. My guess is he'll inch his way into top-5 discussion by next year).
9. Gunler
10. Lapierre

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
My top-10 for forwards so far:

1. Lafrenriere
2. Raymond
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Lundell
6. Holtz
7. Stutzle
8. Rossi (Quite high on him, I find him really underrated. In the OHL last year his ppg was wayyyy better than Byfield's, and better than Perfetti's as well. My guess is he'll inch his way into top-5 discussion by next year).
9. Gunler
10. Lapierre
Personally I would put Byfield at 2 and Lundell at 4. Otherwise I agree with everything else.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Personally I would put Byfield at 2 and Lundell at 4. Otherwise I agree with everything else.

My biggest criticism for Byfield is his lack of production, both in the OHL and in the Hlinka. He played at a 78 point pace last year, and Rossi played at a 100. Perfetti also wildly outproduced him during the Hlinka. If he can improve that, I think he can challenge Lafreniere for #1.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My biggest criticism for Byfield is his lack of production, both in the OHL and in the Hlinka. He played at a 78 point pace last year, and Rossi played at a 100. Perfetti also wildly outproduced him during the Hlinka. If he can improve that, I think he can challenge Lafreniere for #1.
It’s a little perplexing with byfield. He has all the makings of a franchise center, but the numbers don’t show that.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Lundell is good prospect but not great prospect like Raymond, Holtz and Byfield.
Anton lacks offensive upside and game breaking talent.
But he's good 2 way center which is not bad thing.

Lundell's NHL upside is Mikko Koivu type two way center
who can score about 60 to 70 points per season.

Do i believe Lundell goes TOP5 range yes and no.
Yes if he has better draft season and U20 WJC's than Holtz and Raymond.
No because every pick is BPA so he won't get any-kind positional advantage on that he's Center.

And if Lundell wants really go TOP5 he must have better draft season than Holtz and Raymond.
Can he do that ? i hope so but i try also be a realist and cautious on my expectations.

PS
Lundell has missed all preseason games due to minor injury
meanwhile Holtz and Raymond have already started their own draft seasons.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lundell is good prospect but not great prospect like Raymond, Holtz and Byfield.
Anton lacks offensive upside and game breaking talent.
But he's good 2 way center which is not bad thing.

Lundell's NHL upside is Mikko Koivu type two way center
who can score about 60 to 70 points per season.

Do i believe Lundell goes TOP5 range yes and no.
Yes if he has better draft season and U20 WJC's than Holtz and Raymond.
No because every pick is BPA so he won't get any-kind positional advantage on that he's Center.

And if Lundell wants really go TOP5 he must have better draft season than Holtz and Raymond.
Can he do that ? i hope so but i try also be a realist and cautious on my expectations.

PS
Lundell has missed all preseason games due to illness ( got sick in U20 WJSS tournament)
meanwhile Holtz and Raymond have already started their own draft seasons.
Imo Raymond and Byfield are in a different tier than Lundell. What I was trying to say is I prefer Lundell to Perfetti. So my top 5 would be:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Raymond
4. Lundell
5. Perfetti

I might even put Drysdale at 5 over Cole.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Imo Raymond and Byfield are in a different tier than Lundell. What I was trying to say is I prefer Lundell to Perfetti. So my top 5 would be:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Raymond
4. Lundell
5. Perfetti

I might even put Drysdale at 5 over Cole.

Lets ignore all wingers and dmans and rank only TOP5 centers.
My TOP5 centers are 1 Byfield 2 Perfetti 3 Lundell 4 Lapierre 5 Rossi.
Who are yours TOP5 centers in 2020 draft ?

Reactions: Aerchon

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lets ignore all wingers and dmans and rank only TOP5 centers.
My TOP5 centers are 1 Byfield 2 Perfetti 3 Lundell 4 Lapierre 5 Rossi.
Who are yours TOP5 centers in 2020 draft ?
I'll give you my top 3 since at this point I don't know enough about the players outside of the top 5 of the draft to give an opinion on them.

1. Byfield
2. Lundell
3. Perfetti

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Based on what I saw from them last season, Perfetti is a clear step above Byfield offensively. Depending on who steps to the podium, he might be the first OHLer off the board.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
OHL season is under way.

Byfield with a goal so far on his 17th birthday.

edit:

Beauty assist by Byfield.

Byfield with a point on all three goals. (2g, 1a)

Last edited:
Reactions: Llamamoto49

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
This draft is just STACKED.

Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell, Perfetti, Lapierre, Gunler, Stutzle, Drysdale, Barron, Nybeck, Rossi, and Mysak all seem like top-10 picks to me.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
This draft is just STACKED.

Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell, Perfetti, Lapierre, Gunler, Stutzle, Drysdale, Barron, Nybeck, Rossi, and Mysak all seem like top-10 picks to me.

Askarov
Very good top 15
At least 2 or 3 others rise .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->