Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Depending on when the Oilers pick I would really love it if they ended up with Stützle.
I'll be watching him a lot this season and am really excited about him. He is probably as close to a Draisaitl level talent as we are going to get in Germany for a while.

But honestly I would probably be happy with any of the players that have been mentioned so far. At least for now, let's see how the season shapes up.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Depending on when the Oilers pick I would really love it if they ended up with Stützle.
I'll be watching him a lot this season and am really excited about him. He is probably as close to a Draisaitl level talent as we are going to get in Germany for a while.

But honestly I would probably be happy with any of the players that have been mentioned so far. At least for now, let's see how the season shapes up.
I'm a huge fan of Stutzle too. Although at this point there are 20+ guys I'd be happy with. Such a stacked draft.

The Hlinka Gretzky Cup is in 10 days or so. I'll be keeping an eye on a lot of players.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Kaiden Guhle has really opened my eyes in these two games, he could could put himself in the race as the top D in the draft if he can post good numbers in PA this year.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
That between the legs goal in so tight to the goalie and the defender... Impressive.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I could see Byfield overtaking Lafreniere for 1st overall. He plays center, is almost a year younger, and has some of the most dominant physical tools I've ever seen.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Jaromir Pytlik is another OHLer that's going to be interesting to watch.

Big, right-handed center that joined the Greyhounds halfway through last season. He could see some major minutes with Frost and possibly Hayton moving on.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Goal Perfetti has a chance to tie break the goal scoring record held by Podkolzin at the Hlinka Gretzky.

Unreal performance to send Canada to the gold medal game. Scores on two breakways and goes 3/4 in the shootout and caps it in round 8.

Last edited:

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton
Very excited to see Canada vs Russia tomorrow. Get to see how good Askarov really is. If we’re picking in the 9-15 range, I’d hope the Oilers give him some consideration. On another note, I can see why Wallstedt is so highly touted for the 2021 draft. Very positionally sound, great size and moves with ease in the net.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Goal Perfetti has a chance to tie the goal scoring record held by Podkolzin at the Hlinka Gretzky.

Unreal performance to send Canada to the gold medal game. Scores on two breakways and goes 3/4 in the shootout and caps it in round 8.
I think he might have tied it with the Shootout GWG, in some tournaments they count as a actual goal.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'd usually never draft a goalie in the 1st, but Askarov might be worth it.

It would be impossible to be bad with both the best player and (potentially) the best goalie in the game.

And since our defense prospect pool is looking the strongest its ever been, all we need is for Benson and one of Yams/Pulju/Lavoie/McLeod to succeed, and goalie might become our weakest position.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Top 6-7 for this draft looks absolutely stacked. No generational talents (except maybe Askarov), but 6-7 legitimate top line talents.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
It would be such a hard decision if we landed in the top 5ish and Askarov was on the board take a possible Franchise goalie or a Impact Forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: B33K33PING

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
I think the last draft was great very smart team building.
With the defensive prospects looking very good my choice if this report is true would be to draft

Yaroslav Askarov
Craig Button:
Goaltender Yaroslav Askarov:
Definitely in mix for 1st overall. Best goalie I've seen entering a draft since Carey Price in 2005. Skill, technique & IQ++ Last 12 months medal count: 2 gold (Hlinka '19 & U17) 2 silver (WJAC & U18) 1️ bronze (Hlinka '18)

Add Konovalov to that, then draft all of the forwards you like until the d and goalies develop. This team would be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->