Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I didn't read the pole correctly, but I have a feeling we won't be picking in round 1. Maybe even round 2.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
2020 draft is supposed to be really deep, no? I don't see us being that much better than this past year other than having a healthy D core.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Who ever Oilers draft i hope it's not a Finn.
Finnish players and Oilers doesn't work anymore so no more Finns to Oilers ( not even Lundell ).

Case Puljujarvi lost all my faith to this organisations abilities to handle young Finnish players.
My vote goes to QMJHL and i hope Oilers take Alexis Lafreniere or other Canadian player

Pulju didn’t do himself any favours sulking whenever he had to go to the AHL and not putting in the effort to speak English.

Good riddance to him and his agent.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just wanna discuss Nascent being used in the thread title circa 2020 which being a word person myself, sure rings my bell...heh

A little surreal, but keep the words coming. Sincerely, nice word, and apt. Too bad the Oilers aren't established by now though. Maybe by next year..

Reactions: Soli

Macblender

May 5, 2014
2020 draft is supposed to be really deep, no? I don't see us being that much better than this past year other than having a healthy D core.
Yeah if you look at the list I think we could be getting a guy who is a top 10 talent in the 13-14 slot this coming year.

I have a feeling we may be a bubble team and will still likely get a guy with Top 6 upside or top 4 D upside.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
My early favourites are Raymond, Perfetti, Rossi, and Nybeck for forwards and Drysdale, Barron, and Grans for defensemen.

Seems like a very weak year for the United States. Only two players in Future Considerations top-20, both of whom I am not high on and suspect will be ranked a lot lower this time next year. Not complaining though.

Top-15 as of now:

1. Lafreniere
2. Raymond
3. Byfield
4. Holtz
5. Perfetti
6. Lundell
7. Barron
8. Drysdale
9. Nybeck
10. Gunler
11. Rossi
12. Stutzle
13. Grans
14. Holloway
15. Askarov

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I still think Lafreniere will go #1 but I can definitely see Raymond and Byfield closing the gap, there both such dynamic players and I expect them both to have huge seasons, but at the same time I could see Lafreniere putting up 120-140 points next season and leaving no doubt who’s the best, the only hole I see in his game is his skating and even then I don’t think it will be an issue for him.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Who ever Oilers draft i hope it's not a Finn.
Finnish players and Oilers doesn't work anymore so no more Finns to Oilers ( not even Lundell ).

Case Puljujarvi lost all my faith to this organisations abilities to handle young Finnish players.
My vote goes to QMJHL and i hope Oilers take Alexis Lafreniere or other Canadian player

No Finns, no Russians...soon we'll be down to just Canada :laugh:.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
In theory we should get another high pick
I dont think that is a stretch at all at this point.

If we arent pickig 1st overall (Lafrenierre).

I amsomewhat hoping that we are able to pick up a righ handed forward:

Raymond
Holtz

I would also be ecstatic with Lundell, Byfield, Drysdale (imagine our potential D core...), and Perfetti.

Seems like a great year for a top 10 ish pick which is sort of what I am expecting.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Would love me some Quinton Byfield but although we won't be great, we won't be that bad. (Unless we get a lottery win, so you never know.)

Lafreniere is in a tier by himself at 1. After that it's Byfield and Raymond all alone in the second tier. I'd love if we could snag anyone of those guys.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Lafreniere is in a tier by himself at 1. After that it's Byfield and Raymond all alone in the second tier. I'd love if we could snag anyone of those guys.

I could see Lafreniere losing the #1 spot.

Late birthday(10 months older than Byfield) and guys like him tend to get over-scouted from being in the spotlight for so long.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
LC Dylan Holloway (AJHL) - Has been getting press recently with his rights traded to the Savoie & Krebs show in Winnipeg. The trade to the Ice has not made him reconsider his commitment as of now. The Calgarian plays for the Okotoks Oilers.

I have seen him play 4-5 times last season and he is completely dominant out there, the only other players i remember seeing live and thinking they were unreal was Dany Heatly and Cale Makar. Holloway is going to be a great player.

Reactions: LTIR

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I don’t think it is clear enough yet to be putting prospects in tiers. Either way this draft has a fantastic top end, Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell, Gunler, Perfetti, Rossi, Askarov, Drysdale, Barron, Holloway, Stutzle. Absolutely stacked for scoring forwards.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I could see Lafreniere losing the #1 spot.

Late birthday(10 months older than Byfield) and guys like him tend to get over-scouted from being in the spotlight for so long.

I think it'll end up being similar to Hughes-Kakko this past draft. Lafreniere will need to really turn it on his draft year to keep his spot - if he falters at all I agree that we're looking at him going #2. IMO Hughes saved his #1 spot with a really strong late season push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad