The Mythical PK Subban

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Or simply Lucic's verbal fight with his girlfriend, playing the "Do you know who I am?" card to the cops.

The cop should've said "Wait, aren't you the guy who rings the big bell at Notre Dame? Quasi-something, right?"

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
A lot actually, donating money and time isn't as easy as you think, regardless of being a professional athlete or not.

Not really, all you have to do is show up on time. Attitude is yelling at players on the bench, arguing with coaches on the bench, etc. Wrong attitude, but he is growing up before our eye's. :handclap:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Canucks fan here. I have a question that obviously doesn't deserve a thread, so this seemed like the best place. I'm trying to convince myself that there's a chance that Jordan Subban will grow an inch or two over the next couple of years. I'm wondering how tall PK was when he was drafted. Anyone know? (Or, alternatively, you could reply by laughing at how badly the Canucks botched the Luongo/Schneider deal, while I shed more tears.)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Has anyone seen the mythical figure named PK Subban? I've heard he's like a pale copy of the Karlsson deity, with the only problem of having a different skin pigmentation and slightly larger buttocks.

Not sure he exists, actually.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Has anyone seen the mythical figure named PK Subban? I've heard he's like a pale copy of the Karlsson deity, with the only problem of having a different skin pigmentation and slightly larger buttocks.

Not sure he exists, actually.

He was at the draft with his brothers. TSN did a 10 minute interview with them after his brother Jordan was drafted.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Canucks fan here. I have a question that obviously doesn't deserve a thread, so this seemed like the best place. I'm trying to convince myself that there's a chance that Jordan Subban will grow an inch or two over the next couple of years. I'm wondering how tall PK was when he was drafted. Anyone know? (Or, alternatively, you could reply by laughing at how badly the Canucks botched the Luongo/Schneider deal, while I shed more tears.)

It was discussed a few times before the draft but I really don't remember. Is an inch or two really going to make a big difference? He should be plenty strong enough and he'll be more of an offensive guy anyways.

At least you got Horvat, a player that our team's management was very high on.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It was discussed a few times before the draft but I really don't remember. Is an inch or two really going to make a big difference? He should be plenty strong enough and he'll be more of an offensive guy anyways.

At least you got Horvat, a player that our team's management was very high on.

Expert research by other posters on the Canucks board discovered that PK was 5'10" when he was drafted, so he grew a couple of inches after that. I suppose I do think a couple of inches will make a difference with Jordan. There's not a lot of precedent for effective defencemen at 5'8".

I'm glad that Habs management was high on Horvat. Some would argue that the fact the Canucks took him is proof he's no good.

Good luck next season.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Martin Lemay has lost it...wtf is wrong with this guy??

He used to be my favourite when he was working for CKAC

He basicly says the habs should look at the option of letting him go for 4 first round picks if a team offers an offer sheet.:help:

How can people still doubt Freaking P.K. SUBBAN!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I find the media are rdy to protect Price no matter how bad he is at 6.5m/y but with P.K. they're always looking for something to critisize him.

Fracking pathetic.

If this isn't racism then i don't know what it is.

==================================================================================================================================================================
If you have to pay 12 millions per year to keep P.K. you pay him, you shut up and enjoy the show. He's the heart and soul of this team. He will be the next Captain. He will become the best D in the League and will remain the best D for many many years.
==================================================================================================================================================================

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The kid has made me eat more crow in my lifetime than anyother in his short tenure. I wish him the best and he has EARNED it by any standard.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Subban was on FAN590 other night, Leafs media was asking how much he will get next contract? Certainly more than Letang who DID NOT win the Norris, certainly more than Suter who NEVER won a Norris they were saying. Subban said he had 3.75m left on this contract but his door is open to talk new contract whenever Habs are ready.

PricePkPatch*

7-8M per year.

Except if he produces on a PPG rating this year :laugh: If that's the case, expect 9M, 8 years

Myron Gaines*

Should have signed him long term last year. I have idea this bridge contract will cost team 3 million more a year long term.

No matter what people say, Bergeving dropped the ball on that one. I think he listened to the wrong people concerning Subban.

Subban is/was an exception player, you do not hold out on those players.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
People forget that the cap will eventually rise and superstar get paid no mater what! (See Perry, Getzlaf, Malkin, Giroux) I have no problem if he gets 8M$ if he play like a superstar and bring us a cup!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Expert research by other posters on the Canucks board discovered that PK was 5'10" when he was drafted, so he grew a couple of inches after that. I suppose I do think a couple of inches will make a difference with Jordan. There's not a lot of precedent for effective defencemen at 5'8".

I'm glad that Habs management was high on Horvat. Some would argue that the fact the Canucks took him is proof he's no good.

Good luck next season.

There wasn't a precedent either for a black guy winning the Norris.

I thought P.K. was 6'0 when he was drafted?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
No matter what people say, Bergeving dropped the ball on that one. I think he listened to the wrong people concerning Subban.

Subban is/was an exception player, you do not hold out on those players.

Where are these wrong people now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad