OT: The Music Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was saddened to hear Tawny Kitaen passed away, and she was only 59. She wasn't a musician, but she is forever tied to those Whitesnake videos. I was the right age and the target demographic of those songs and videos, and they hit them all out of the park.

I watched some of her personal videos, and she had hit some tough times. She was very complimentary of her ex husband, pitcher Chuck Finley for still supporting her, despite the fact their kids were adults and didn't need to.

Here I Go Again is iconic, Still of the Night is classic, but this one is my favorite:

"Slow An' Easy" is my favorite Whitesnake tune.

aguineapig

Talking about songwriters, this guy was pretty good. His train song was covered by Arlo, Johnny, Willie and translated in several other languages by artists the world over.

Him and Prine wrote this together that David Allan Coe hit the Country charts with

For his beloved Cubbies

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I find myself in the midst of a Zeppelin kick.
Never a bad thing. My daughter was all into metalcore or "screamo" a couple of years back and me, being into hard rock (among other things), started listening to it with her as a "bonding" exercise. Thought I wasn't going to be able to handle the screaming but took me all of 2 songs to get used to it.

Anyway, I got pretty into it too because it was so frigging hard, so much so that Zeppelin started sounding like a folk band to me as they were so tame in comparison. I actually started getting worried that I was never going to be able to listen to 70s hard rock again because it was going to seem too mellow to me lol. Anyway, was just a faze. Metalcore lasted a couple of months and then, thankfully, faded. Zeppelin remained though. They always will.

Reactions: smithformeragent

aguineapig

My Guitar Hero Mick Ronson took his rightly place next to Bowie at the Freddie Mercury tribute after his passing. Mick would pass on from cancer a year after this.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I have been hearing this song in various places for YEARS (usually grocery stores) and was unable to identify it. I couldn't tell any of the lyrics. Well I finally got around listening to this record that I was gifted last year. And it's the last song on the first side. I cannot stop listening. I LOVE this song. It's a little kitschy and that only makes me like it more.

Reactions: BMC

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Some bands can't pull off a live show. Petty was always excellent.

I saw the Heartbreakers so many times. When they were with Bob Dylan it was so good I went to both shows (Great Woods). Dylan is moody and it can affect his performance but he looked like he was really enjoying himself with Tom and the boys.
Susan, I am certain I was there with you! '87 maybe? It was around that time.

GW (or whatever it's called now) has always been a fun venue for me. Seen lots of good shows there over the years:

Petty, Dylan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, John Mellencamp, Coldplay, Springsteen, Kings of Leon, Elbow, John Hyatt, Greg Allman,

One day I'm going to try and create a list of all the shows I've ever been to. I was a real concert junkie when I was a kid. Would scrimp and save to go to any show I could. Wish I'd saved ticket stubs and all those black concert t-shirts I bought from those early Aerosmith and Kiss shows!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad