"The MSG Hockey Show"

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Because most of you people seem hell bent on seeing this show fail now I will watch it and create a facebook group and an aftershow to create buzz. Just to maybe spite you.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Because most of you people seem hell bent on seeing this show fail now I will watch it and create a facebook group and an aftershow to create buzz. Just to maybe spite you.

i just don't see the appeal.
Most 'guys talking sports' shows are dreadfully boring

PTI was an exception, fast paced, news focused and with very qualified guys
and Intentional Talk can be good, i will watch if I've ignored MLB for a few days

and this looks intentionally goofy, Wayne's World with pucks instead of guitar picks

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I will DVR this mess.

it will probably be horrible.

I like Anson Carter but the two unfunny comedians or whatever they are at first glance seem generic snarky pretty boys.

The show will not be edgy or play to the knowledge hockey fan is my guess, since it's produced by MSG.

With all my pigeonholing before it even airs, I am willing to give it a try. But MSG programming is awful, except for the beginnings series. I do enjoy that they continue to show Beginnings "Derek Dorsett"
Derek hasnt played with the Rangers since 2013-14.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Thanks for reminding me it's on tonight...will DVR it.

Agree with Mouth, it's MSG so nothing controversial, hopefully it's kinda/sorta funny.

You guys are messed up with the Brathwaite and Weekes name dropping lol.

Honestly, if Tony McKegnney had a show/podcast, it would probably be more exciting than 95% of network tv. The stories that guy must have, and he was a pretty good player who had to deal with a lot of nonsense and slurs in the 80s, and played in some very memorable cities.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I find it interesting that Anson Carter has such a big part on MSG when his biggest contribution to the team was being traded for Jagr.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
dvr'd the episode...expecting it to be awful but will give it a chance. i'm interested to see will reeves. no clue how he is qualified to host a hockey show, but after all the years of watching his dad attend rangers games in his wheelchair and how little he was at the time, there is definitely curiosity to see christopher reeves' kid all grown up

also didn't realize that the other guy, who seems awful in the commercials, used to work for wwe as a commentator

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
dvr'd the episode...expecting it to be awful but will give it a chance. i'm interested to see will reeves. no clue how he is qualified to host a hockey show, but after all the years of watching his dad attend rangers games in his wheelchair and how little he was at the time, there is definitely curiosity to see christopher reeves' kid all grown up

also didn't realize that the other guy, who seems awful in the commercials, used to work for wwe as a commentator

I can't believe Christopher Reeve died in 2004. I feel like I remember him being at games, I shocked he died before the lockout.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Dancing Larry, the most ridiculous thing in hockey.

What's more ridiculous.
1. A portion of a segment was used to discuss Larry
2. Anson Carter admitted not only did he know who Larry was, mimicked his moves he also stated that he would watch him dance during the game.

After Carter told that story I realized why the Rangers were so terrible during those years. Dancing Larry is a cancer.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I can't believe that Anson was actually talking about how he used to watch Dancing Larry when he was playing for the Rangers. I guess that's my bad for thinking that players should be watching the play on the ice and not gazing into the stands 100% of the time.

in regard to the show it wasn't THAT bad but it wasn't THAT good either. Like someone else said before, there are so many ways to get NHL information. SO, it just seemed to me that this show really didn't bring anything. It wasn't really funny, it wasn't really informational, it was just blah! 3 guys shooting the s*** just like any one of us three can get together and probably have a much better conversation.

I actually prefer our tv crew doing their postgame as they seem to have a real beat on Rangers hockey. I dont care whether this Reeves guy had dinner with Buttman, unless hes gonna share substantial INFO with me and the audience that other shows don't offer.

Hockey night in Canada and their segments are much worth my time in comparison.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Show was much calmer than I thought which is good. I thought they were going to really ham it up with slapstick and cheese.

I will say this, Will Reeve knows his hockey. He's a big fan since he's grown up with it, and Anson Carter does say some interesting stuff. The Best Dressed segment and things like that are kinda nonsense. I liked the which road arena is toughest to play in.

It's not a good show but it's not bad either. I'd rather watch these guys than the Mike Milburys/Pierre Mcguires of the world but that's not saying much.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
just tried watching this and couldn't make it thru the first segment. awful beyond any possible expectations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad