OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

giphy.gif

I won't lie, that was a really damn wholesome laugh for the chicken finale.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well when only 54 people said Spinach, that means it's really a coin toss as to whether she'd get it right or not.
Uh.. no it wasn't. She had 3 prior chances to get the final question right and she's dumb enough that she got it wrong all 3 times. I'd say the odds were significantly against her getting it right the 4th time.
However, the good news is, in her words: "At least I'm pretty".

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Uh.. no it wasn't. She had 3 prior chances to get the final question right and she's dumb enough that she got it wrong all 3 times. I'd say the odds were significantly against her getting it right the 4th time.

The other guy got it wrong 3 times too and his family doesn't have the same level of dance moves as chicken girl. "At least I'm pretty" is correct, though she should add dance moves to that comment as well.

I keep laughing at how she keeps groveling by the buzzer before returning to her family with her tail between her legs.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I think he meant getting it right for that question.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The Colony (American TV series) - Wikipedia

Talking about water reminded me of this tv series. It was a strange and interesting series premise but I enjoyed it.

On a different note, I've been listening to too much children's music because the little one likes it and it's been driving me bonkers. This might not be as funny to anyone else, but I enjoyed how this guy rips this children song to shreds because listening to this stuff hours and hours a day drives you a little loopy. That and I think his delivery is dead on. As in, how some parents feel so dead inside like Schodinger's cat when these songs keep looping over and over.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Anybody been watching Season 2 of Titans on Netflix? Actually very well done. Usually these CW cheap DC shows are simply entertaining to see their take on certain obscure villains, but Titans actually puts a very solid mix of action and character development together.... if you’re into comic shows at all

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Anybody been watching Season 2 of Titans on Netflix? Actually very well done. Usually these CW cheap DC shows are simply entertaining to see their take on certain obscure villains, but Titans actually puts a very solid mix of action and character development together.... if you’re into comic shows at all

Titans was as terrible as ever in season 2.

Titans season 1 and 2 are some of the worst writing in television period, even CW has better writing. I could (and would like to) rip the show completely apart, but I have wrote enough about how trash tier Titans is. If Supergirl and Batwoman didn't exist, it'd be the worst comic book show out there.

I don't know how far you are into season 2, but after the first couple episodes the show gets ridiculously bad. Ignoring the fact the first episode should never have been taken off of season 1 in the first place.

Brenton Thwates is the only redeeming thing about the show. If you want I could write an essay on here about everything awful in Titans season 2. Pretty much every aspect of filmmaking the show sucks at, but the writing is 1/10 quality bad. The showrunner is a complete incompetent moron.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

Titans season 1 and 2 are some of the worst writing in television period, even CW has better writing. I could (and would like to) rip the show completely apart, but I have wrote enough about how trash tier Titans is. If Supergirl and Batwoman didn't exist, it'd be the worst comic book show out there.

I don't know how far you are into season 2, but after the first couple episodes the show gets ridiculously bad. Ignoring the fact the first episode should never have been taken off of season 1 in the first place.

Brenton Thwates is the only redeeming thing about the show. If you want I could write an essay on here about everything awful in Titans season 2. Pretty much every aspect of filmmaking the show sucks at, but the writing is 1/10 quality bad. The showrunner is a complete incompetent moron.

Are you watching it expecting it to be on par with Dark Knight? I know these shows are not for everyone, but out of all the DC shows (Arrowverse), Titans is head and shoulders more entertaining.

I don't typically try to pick apart superhero shows or movies so I'm not saying this deserves any Golden Globe nods or anything, but having the R rating, the casting of characters and action makes it better than anything else the CW is putting out.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm a big fan of Gaiman's work, so it'll be interesting to see what's gonna happen with the Sandman series

Reactions: Fig

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Are you watching it expecting it to be on par with Dark Knight? I know these shows are not for everyone, but out of all the DC shows (Arrowverse), Titans is head and shoulders more entertaining.

I don't typically try to pick apart superhero shows or movies so I'm not saying this deserves any Golden Globe nods or anything, but having the R rating, the casting of characters and action makes it better than anything else the CW is putting out.

I'm expecting it to be competently written, however it is the complete opposite. CW shows at least know they're soap operas. And Titans does not have better action than the CW shows, season 1 has some of the worst edited fights and punches I have ever seen in film. Multiple instances where they use a shot where you can see the punch miss by 6+ inches. How in 2018 you can edit a show and not use the proper angle for punches goes to show how God awful this show is made. They have a character named Beast Boy who has transformed into 2 whopping animals in the series, in season 2 he is nearly non-existent. Wonder Girl in season 2 is just a train wreck in character development, one moment she is this and then instantly she complete 180's and is this for no reason. Raven is completely ignored after being the lynch pin in season 1 and the season 2 opener. The team turning on Jason mid season 2 is one of the dumbest and more eye rolling things as it makes 0 sense. You bring in Superboy half way through the season and then throw in two flash back episodes completely killing the flow. Deathstroke, while great, is ignored for half the season for the CADMUS storyline, which gets an abortion of an ending in the last episode.

In a landscape where quality television is being made, writing this horrendous should not exist or be excused, especially not as your flagship show on your platform DC Universe. Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol are infinitely better and one got cancelled and the other is based on goofball characters no one has ever heard of.

Titans is made horribly in every aspect, but the writing is top notch trash. I don't know if you finished the season yet, but the Deathstroke/Nightwing fight is beyond dumb. Short, editing just atrociously, guys doing teleporting acts, anti-climactic. And the death at the end of the episode IS the dumbest death in television history. The epitome of stupid.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'm expecting it to be competently written, however it is the complete opposite. CW shows at least know they're soap operas. And Titans does not have better action than the CW shows, season 1 has some of the worst edited fights and punches I have ever seen in film. Multiple instances where they use a shot where you can see the punch miss by 6+ inches. How in 2018 you can edit a show and not use the proper angle for punches goes to show how God awful this show is made. They have a character named Beast Boy who has transformed into 2 whopping animals in the series, in season 2 he is nearly non-existent. Wonder Girl in season 2 is just a train wreck in character development, one moment she is this and then instantly she complete 180's and is this for no reason. Raven is completely ignored after being the lynch pin in season 1 and the season 2 opener. The team turning on Jason mid season 2 is one of the dumbest and more eye rolling things as it makes 0 sense. You bring in Superboy half way through the season and then throw in two flash back episodes completely killing the flow. Deathstroke, while great, is ignored for half the season for the CADMUS storyline, which gets an abortion of an ending in the last episode.

In a landscape where quality television is being made, writing this horrendous should not exist or be excused, especially not as your flagship show on your platform DC Universe. Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol are infinitely better and one got cancelled and the other is based on goofball characters no one has ever heard of.

Titans is made horribly in every aspect, but the writing is top notch trash. I don't know if you finished the season yet, but the Deathstroke/Nightwing fight is beyond dumb. Short, editing just atrociously, guys doing teleporting acts, anti-climactic. And the death at the end of the episode IS the dumbest death in television history. The epitome of stupid.
I'm going to change your mind on this.

be5696eb-5e9b-4400-9fb5-c4cda9fab079_text.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
While I'm here, I just finished the Aaron Hernandez doc on Netflix. What a crazy story that was!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So I'm watching through a ton of old movies and tv series and I'm finding so much interesting stuff.

I'm into Season 2 of the original The Incredible Hulk tv series from the 1970s, and episode 4 ("Ricky") is clearly the inspiration for the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

The main racecar driver's name is Buzz, he acts similarly to Will Ferell's character (Ricky), has a significant other who is similar to Will's wife, and to top it off has a "re tarded" brother (slight deviation, but a little like John C Reilly), named Ricky. Ricky envisions driving like his brother, and then gets put into driving a malfunctioning car in a crash-up derby. Anyway, soooo much of this reminds of the movie.

Honestly this is really fascinating stuff.

I'm loving this show.

Last edited:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
So I'm watching through a ton of old movies and tv series and I'm finding so much interesting stuff.

I'm into Season 2 of the original The Incredible Hulk tv series from the 1970s, and episode 4 ("Ricky") is clearly the inspiration for the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

The main racecar driver's name is Buzz, he acts similarly to Will Ferell's character (Ricky), has a significant other who is similar to Will's wife, and to top it off has a "re tarded" brother (slight deviation, but a little like John C Reilly), named Ricky. Ricky envisions driving like his brother, and then gets put into driving a malfunctioning car in a crash-up derby. Anyway, soooo much of this reminds of the movie.

Honestly this is really fascinating stuff.

I'm loving this show.
I have a list of 100 top tier TV shows if you're interested. I'll need to update it as I haven't in the last few years, but I'll send it to you.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I have a list of 100 top tier TV shows if you're interested. I'll need to update it as I haven't in the last few years, but I'll send it to you.

I'd be down with that, you could pm me and/or I don't mind talking about shows here too (including your list).

I loved The Incredible Hulk as a kid, found it a bit scary too (of course). So it was one of my bucket-list items to buy.

I think people should utilize the cheap availability of DVD/Blu-Ray discs while they can. With everything seemingly heading in a digital/online direction; choice/censorship/availability and ownership will be a concern in the future. But then again, even vinyl records are making a niche comeback, so who knows - maybe not. Still, a person can peruse 2nd hand stores, yearly Christmas season distribution at Wal-Mart, Amazon (not really a fan of online book and movie purchasing) and build a good collection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad