OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@super6646

Corpi and I were pretty careful not to spoil anything I think. We kept everything extremely general. Have you read the source material?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Had to go a few pages back to find this...

Does anyone know where someone could watch Parasite? It's not in theaters, not on Apple Movies or On Demand.

Sounds like it's an incredible flick and I do love me some South Korean moves (Old Boy is top 5 for me), but just have no idea where I could see it?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Witcher was good entertainment. LG oled and Dolby Vision means shows look really good

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Also the christmas present from employer was 250€ worth culture / sport vouchers. That should be around 30 movie tickets if I buy them in sets of ten, with couple of euros extra for some movies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Witcher was good entertainment. LG oled and Dolby Vision means shows look really good

Dang, so jealous!
:eviltongu

Also the christmas present from employer was 250€ worth culture / sport vouchers. That should be around 30 movie tickets if I buy them in sets of ten, with couple of euros extra for some movies.

Oh, so the OLED isn't thaaat good, eh? :phew:

Reactions: Kahvi

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Went and bought a whole bunch of old TV series on DVD: The Incredible Hulk; The Six Million Dollar Man; Star Trek (Original); TJ Hooker; The Kids in the Hall; Airwolf; Season one of Chips and a few newer ones . . . The Office; Breaking Bad; Season one of The Last Man on Earth . . .

Just finishing up Kids in the Hall. Not as funny as I remembered but most of the gem comedy is in season 4 and 5. Still good stuff overall though, worth the purchase.

I think I'm going to tackle The Incredible Hulk next. Very interested to see this and Six Million Dollar Man through, to understand the story throughout. Always just caught odd episodes as a little kid and loved them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Just finishing up Kids in the Hall. Not as funny as I remembered but most of the gem comedy is in season 4 and 5. Still good stuff overall though, worth the purchase.
Definitely peak, but there's lots of good material in all seasons. Fortunately there's lots of content on youtube.

I am embarrassed to admit that it took me watching three seasons of Superstore before realizing that Glen is Mark McKinney

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Definitely peak, but there's lots of good material in all seasons. Fortunately there's lots of content on youtube.

I am embarrassed to admit that it took me watching three seasons of Superstore before realizing that Glen is Mark McKinney

Actually for sure there are some good early episodes, even from season 1. The episode where Bruce McCulloch is driving that old beater car and talking about how sweet life is and the hood blows up against the windshield lol. Quite a few good ones in the early years, but it just seemed the consistency went up in season 4 and 5. Great show though, one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I love the KITH. Bruce McCulloch and Scott Thompson both had shows here back in the summer, but I didn't get out to see them.

Great show indeed. Bruce is my all-time favorite. Loved him as the grunge rocker in Brain Candy.

I'd probably rank the members:

1. Bruce
2. Kevin McDonald
3. Dave Foley
4. Scott Thompson
5. Mark McKinney

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Great show indeed. Bruce is my all-time favorite. Loved him as the grunge rocker in Brain Candy.

I'd probably rank the members:

1. Bruce
2. Kevin McDonald
3. Dave Foley
4. Scott Thompson
5. Mark McKinney

Yeah, Bruce was always my favourite too. The fact that some of his characters were based off of people and experiences he had coming up in Calgary are an added bonus. In fact, the username I use on some other forums reference the skit where he has a guitar battle with the devil haha

Order of my favourites:

1. Bruce
2. Scott/Dave (tie)
4. Mark
5. Kevin

I shit my pants when I saw Scott Thompson had a recurring role in the Hannibal show.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Yeah, Bruce was always my favourite too. The fact that some of his characters were based off of people and experiences he had in coming up in Calgary are an added bonus. In fact, the username I use on some other forums reference the skit where he has a guitar battle with the devil haha

Funny stuff. I swear Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny drew from this sketch. Actually, there are quite a few episodes where comedy movies and SNL borrowed from them or reused their ideas. And hearing Joe Rogan speak so highly of Dave Foley and how skilled he is shows the comic industry had a knowledge of this troupe show. Probably through Lorne Michaels, but I'm not sure how KITH was broadcast/distributed in the US.

Order of my favourites:

1. Bruce
2. Scott/Dave (tie)
4. Mark
5. Kevin

I **** my pants when I saw Scott Thompson had a recurring role in the Hannibal show.

I never got into the Hannibal show.

I liked Scott, but his Buddy gay bits were sometimes too long and not subtle enough. Sometimes it felt like he was trying too hard. But I felt Mark was worse in his effort level. That said, when Mark played more subtle characters and he was loud and whiny, he was spot on. Really they were all great. I'd actually put Scott and Dave as a tie. Heck, maybe a 3-way tie with Dave and Kevin. Scott could really pull off any type of character, like the redneck in a bar looking to fight lol. Or the dumb jock gay on STEPS who didn't care he was a tramp lol. Of the five I just found Mark to be annoying at times; didn't care for the Chicken Lady character though even she had some funny moments. Bruce definitely was the best. "He's hip he's cool he's 45" lol.

Great show.

Oh, and btw, just picked up the box set at Wal Mart while browsing. I think they have it for $35 which is a pretty good deal. It also has their reunion season which I've yet to get to.

Ha, and one more thing, some of the clothes and hair styles are starting to come back in, which is funny. Reminds me of when the 70s and 80s did that. Now it's the early nineties (for some things anyway - ripped jeans etc).

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The moment when you realize that you're dumber than a sack full of hammers ... and everyone else now knows it too.

"Stephanie Dubois, Eve’s mother, said the whole experience was “amazing” and the family is taking Eve’s mistake with a solid dose of humour.
“I didn’t hear what she said. I actually thought we won,” said Stephanie.
“We’ve all been laughing about it,” she added. “I’m in the kitchen, I’m giggling; I’m in the shower, I’m giggling.”
Eve, especially, has been laughing about her mistake, Stephanie said.
“It’s all going to her head right now,” she laughed. “She’s been saying, ‘At least I’m pretty.'”"

Lorette, Man., family’s ‘chicken’ answer on Family Feud goes viral

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Damn Canadians are dumb.

As dumb as the chicken answer was, dying a gun was dumber. Today I made my gun the colour pick.

The American/Brit clips are even worse when it comes to sheer stupidity just 'cause there is more episodes, but you lose hope for humanity sometimes watching Family Feud and listen to some of the answers people can come up with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad