OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Anyone watch The Sinner? The husband totally looks like Curtis Glencross.

thesinner_cast_christopher_abbot.jpg

curtis-glencross-2015-49.jpg

You could probably convince me they're siblings or something, but not the same guy.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
They shall not grow old is a film everyone needs to go and see

Watched it with 3D in the IMAX and it was astonishing. They also had a little 20 minute making-of-documentary at the end to explain how they achieved some of the restoration. A funny bit was that they couldn't find a source for the sounds of WW1 artillery. Fortunately director Peter Jackson happens to collect WW1 artillery (as one does) and so they were able to record the audio by live-firing his collection of them.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Watched it with 3D in the IMAX and it was astonishing. They also had a little 20 minute making-of-documentary at the end to explain how they achieved some of the restoration. A funny bit was that they couldn't find a source for the sounds of WW1 artillery. Fortunately director Peter Jackson happens to collect WW1 artillery (as one does) and so they were able to record the audio by live-firing his collection of them.

This is where I went to see it
Maxim_g1200b.jpg

Oldest movie theater in Finland that was remodeled couple of years ago. Focuses on indie and "small audience" films in general, the screen and audio are nothing special but for a good drama film or something there's all that you need.

And a full bar just behind the last row where you can buy drinks and food, and the price is about the same as in any bar here :nod:

Reactions: InfinityIggy

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This is where I went to see it
Maxim_g1200b.jpg

Oldest movie theater in Finland that was remodeled couple of years ago. Focuses on indie and "small audience" films in general, the screen and audio are nothing special but for a good drama film or something there's all that you need.

And a full bar just behind the last row where you can buy drinks and food, and the price is about the same as in any bar here :nod:

Man, why is everything always better in Scandinavia?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Bianca Andreescu is life.

Because everyone else for Canada sucks (Genie), chokes (Milos) or aren't there yet (Felix and Shapo).

I don’t consider Milos a choker. The guys has had his career derailed by injuries

Felix and Shapo are playing each other now and Shapo is steam rolling him. When Shapo is on, he’s amazing. I think Felix is more consistent though in their limited careers

Andreescu is the bomb but I find her annoying. But then I remember she’s a teenage girl so that kind of makes sense. I’m sure she’ll grow on me as she matures but she’s definitely a gamer

Bouchard is for Instagram and Instagram only

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I don’t consider Milos a choker. The guys has had his career derailed by injuries

Felix and Shapo are playing each other now and Shapo is steam rolling him. When Shapo is on, he’s amazing. I think Felix is more consistent though in their limited careers

Andreescu is the bomb but I find her annoying. But then I remember she’s a teenage girl so that kind of makes sense. I’m sure she’ll grow on me as she matures but she’s definitely a gamer

Bouchard is for Instagram and Instagram only

Genie had such a quick rise to stardom and I feel it just went right to her head. You go back and watch her during her 4 semi's at 4 majors year and she was dominant when she wanted to be and if she lost she'd come back and win. Now she can't even get out of the first round, if she can even qualify. She's nothing more than Anna Kournikova now, which is a damn shame. It's hilarious when you see her post on insta or twitter of her practising and calling people out that she doesn't practice, then you watch her play and she sucks. Give it up Genie.

As for Milos, his career the past couple years has been derailed by injury, but early in his career he'd always easily make the 4th round then get rekt and/or he could never show up for the higher ranked guys. If he is up against a ranked guy he usually loses, which is why I call him a choker because he was often ranked higher than a lot. Now though he can't stay healthy for more than a month or two at a time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Strongly recommend the HBO limited series Vice Principals.

Just watched again for the 2nd time, it is absolutely incredible. Hilariously dark.
Walton Goggins is a national treasure.

On an unrelated note, everyone should watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this, but I'll check it out! Have you watched it yet?
I've watched the first episode. Unfortunately it's released weekly, so there is only 3 so far. However, both RZA and Method Man were involved in the production and by all accounts it is very accurate with some liberties taken with the timeline for dramatic purposes.

It's also weird hearing their real names, like ODB being Russell or Ghostface being Dennis. RZA as Bobby ain't so bad though since he is Bobby Digital. Also, Meth's introduction is hilarious.

Also dude playing Raekwon, is absolutely f***ing killing it.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I've watched the first episode. Unfortunately it's released weekly, so there is only 3 so far. However, both RZA and Method Man were involved in the production and by all accounts it is very accurate with some liberties taken with the timeline for dramatic purposes.

It's also weird hearing their real names, like ODB being Russell or Ghostface being Dennis. RZA as Bobby ain't so bad though since he is Bobby Digital. Also, Meth's introduction is hilarious.

Also dude playing Raekwon, is absolutely ****ing killing it.

Yeah, if RZA and Meth weren't involved, I probably would have passed on it but the fact that they are, I'm gonna give it a shot.

On a related note, have you watched Of Mics and Men yet? I'm trying to get a song ID of episode 2, about 26:30 in when Meth is in the studio on the couch. That's a catchy beat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, if RZA and Meth weren't involved, I probably would have passed on it but the fact that they are, I'm gonna give it a shot.

On a related note, have you watched Of Mics and Men yet? I'm trying to get a song ID of episode 2, about 26:30 in when Meth is in the studio on the couch. That's a catchy beat.
I have not. I should get it downloaded though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad