OT: The Movie & TV Thread

May 27, 2012
Earth
Huh. I just wanted to watch a scene in Captain America: The First Avenger and I ended up watching the whole movie. What I noticed now in the movie was nothing compared to what it means now.

In the First Avenger Bucky picked up the Captain's shield.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Is that a movie or a series? This sounds weird but I'm watching movies less and less. I find series bring more entertainment value overall.

Also I watched The Keepers. Thought it was good, it wasn't Making A Murderer good, but it was well done and less biased. I love things like that because they shine a bright light on public corruption with various institutions which is one of the most effective ways to bring about change.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Is that a movie or a series? This sounds weird but I'm watching movies less and less. I find series bring more entertainment value overall.

Also I watched The Keepers. Thought it was good, it wasn't Making A Murderer good, but it was well done and less biased. I love things like that because they shine a bright light on public corruption with various institutions which is one of the most effective ways to bring about change.

It's a movie. It's a part of the MCU.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
A tad late here but the creators of Rick and Morty said the rest of season 3 is starting on July 30th! I'm very pumped :D

giphy.gif

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I saw the 2Pac movie All Eyez on Me on Thursday. I don't think it was as bad as the reviews say, but it definitely wasn't on par with Straight Outta Compton either. My biggest were a couple casting choices (Dr. Dre and Snoop specifically, but the guy playing Snoop has the voice nailed)and certain things/people being left out.

7/10

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I saw the 2Pac movie All Eyez on Me on Thursday. I don't think it was as bad as the reviews say, but it definitely wasn't on par with Straight Outta Compton either. My biggest were a couple casting choices (Dr. Dre and Snoop specifically, but the guy playing Snoop has the voice nailed)and certain things/people being left out.

7/10

I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm gonna watch it or not. With movies like that, I'm always worried it'll be over dramatized for Hollywood. I wasn't even gonna watch Straight Outta Compton for that same reason until it got so many good reviews. Though I gotta admit, I'm a little curious as to how some of the rappers are portrayed haha

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm gonna watch it or not. With movies like that, I'm always worried it'll be over dramatized for Hollywood. I wasn't even gonna watch Straight Outta Compton for that same reason until it got so many good reviews.
I didn't think it was that over dramatized to be honest. My issues like I said were certain things not even mentioned, that should have been apart of it.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Someones has uploaded The Winter War as a 4.5h miniseries version into Youtube, with English subtitles. Quality is not not the best possible of course but this ranks as top5 war movies ever made on my list

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
OMG I really enjoyed Titans; it's made for DC Universe but it's on Netflix now. If you're a fan of Daredevil then watch it... Robin is a bad ass and he got some anger issues cuz the fight scenes are violent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->