"Goalie" (Sawchuk Movie) In Canadian Theatres 2019

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Had no idea this was coming out, definitely looking forward to it.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I hope it isn't too Hollywooded up, can someone suggest a good biography of Sawchuck? I usually try to read up on topics that inspired these "based on a true story" movies.

Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I hope it isn't too Hollywooded up, can someone suggest a good biography of Sawchuck? I usually try to read up on topics that inspired these "based on a true story" movies.

One of the more interesting (and award winning) is a book called Night Work; The Sawchuk Poems (Brick Books, 2008) by Randall Maggs.... brother of former NHL & WHA player Darryl Maggs....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=caaC0KIz61o

Reactions: Tarantula

DJ Man

Mar 23, 2009
Central Florida
This was noted several months ago ...

Terry Sawchuk Movie In The Works

I find that I said:

Sounds like it could be a good film.

However, a few seconds into the trailer, we see him (or some other goalie in red and #1) in a goal crease topped by an arc.

I hope there's some explanation for this apparent anachronism, and that it doesn't represent the level of historical accuracy in the film.​

If I see a blue goal crease or a trapezoid, I'm getting a refund!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Shutout: The Legend Of Terry Sawchuk (1996) written by Brian Kendall

Sawchuk: The Troubles and Triumphs of the World’s Greatest Goalie (1998) written by David Dupuis

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Two female writers i see, so it's probably gonna be drama.
Willie O'Ree naturally had to be on the roster, so all that's left to know now is wether Sawchuk will be called best ever or not.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Should be a good movie. For my money Sawchuk is among the best goalies ever. (Behind only Roy and Hasek on my top goalies list).

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Or is it over dramatized with no context? I find documentaries are usually better for these type of productions where Hollywood isn't trying to rewrite the story for dramatic effects.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Star power that should propel him up on the list of top 100 players of all time currently being done here.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
Two female writers i see, so it's probably gonna be drama.
Willie O'Ree naturally had to be on the roster, so all that's left to know now is wether Sawchuk will be called best ever or not.
something tells me this movie might have historical mistakes...

willie o'ree played for the bruins in one game during the 1957-58 season...the same season sawchuk went back to the red wings after "quitting" the bruins in the previous season back in the 1956-57 season.....sawchuk played for the bruins from 1955-56 and 1956-57 seasons.....

i hope i'm not the only one who saw this mistake...

Reactions: Tarantula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad