The Motorsports thread.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Last year I watched the ERC events on Velocity that they plucked from Eurosport. That was great coverage. Hopping they have it again this year.

Only shame is it's way delayed from the events.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If NASCAR had a road racing series with no ovals i would be a very happy camper.

When NASCAR ran in Montreal i thought that was the best stock car racing i've seen in a long long time.

Otherwise its F1 and Indy car for me.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
If NASCAR had a road racing series with no ovals i would be a very happy camper.

When NASCAR ran in Montreal i thought that was the best stock car racing i've seen in a long long time.

Otherwise its F1 and Indy car for me.

Nascar Canada at CTMP last week in the rain was a great race. Road courses are just so much better.

Anyone else do any amateur racing? I've been racing in the chumpcar series for a few years, it's a blast and actually pretty inexpensive. Our team went to Laguna Seca a few years ago, what a track and what an experience. It was July 4th weekend and the Canadian teams (1/5 of the field) swept the podium and the hot laps all 3 days, which made it even better.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Nascar Canada at CTMP last week in the rain was a great race. Road courses are just so much better.

Anyone else do any amateur racing? I've been racing in the chumpcar series for a few years, it's a blast and actually pretty inexpensive. Our team went to Laguna Seca a few years ago, what a track and what an experience. It was July 4th weekend and the Canadian teams (1/5 of the field) swept the podium and the hot laps all 3 days, which made it even better.

There was also an amazing truck race at CTMP last year.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I worked with VW/Audi for a long time, so I'm partial to the 24 Hours of LeMans.

Though I'll admit I haven't really gotten into it since I stopped working for Volkswagen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I used to go to track days when I had my Rx8... Now i dont have anything to hit the tracks and im sad.

One day ill get something else to hit the tracks.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014

I do (almost) monthly autocrosses and occasional HPDEs with my M5. Nearest track for any real racing competition is a good 4+ hours in any direction, kinda helps keep my wallet in check, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->