the most overrated Hockey player of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Antti Miettinen, the fact that guy even played in NHL is too much already but in first line... :)

Kidding aside, as much as I love Forsberg.. actually, not that much :laugh:. I have to nominate him. Remarkable player but not a demigod, which he is around here.

Fearless Leaf*

Rob Blake, very solid offenisvely and a force physically, but he was weak on the defensive side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fearless Leaf*

Mats Sundin. Great Captain and very consistent, but never an elite player.

Considering what he had to play with and including other key factors he bought to the table, I don't see how u can't consider him as an elite C.

Patchy

Jan 6, 2011
Peter Forsberg.

Calder
Art Ross
Hart Trophy
Best plus/minus
Selke finalist
3x First All-star Team
7x All-Star Games
Scored most points in 2x playoffs
2x Olympics
2x Cups
2x World Champs
4th in all-time assists-per-game
10th in all-time points-per-game
Most points in a WJC tournament

Arguably the most gifted and complete Swedish player of all time which IS a general consensus among Swedes (Notice the difference between best career and best player)

Why is he overrated? What was he bad at? Why do you think he doesn't match up with other great players?

Please give a detailed response because I'm EXTREMELY interested in knowing. HFBoards is the only place where I've met hockey fans that call Peter Forsberg overrated.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Scott Niedermayer. In his early career he was similar to Ed Jovanovski and was paired with Ken Daneyko who was tasked with cleaning up his mental lapses. He was never a top tier defenseman until New Jersey's 2003 Cup run, and stayed elite until 2007, was good for another couple years and retired. But people act like he was as good as 2006 Niedermayer for the whole thing. If you argue, people just list off all the things that his teams won.

Halifaxhab*

Wendell Clark.

One great season (93), another one that was good (97). One good playoff (93).

Never won anything, constantly injured

cue Leaf lovers in......3.....2.....1

NYDevil

Jan 7, 2012
New York
Scott Niedermayer. In his early career he was similar to Ed Jovanovski and was paired with Ken Daneyko who was tasked with cleaning up his mental lapses. He was never a top tier defenseman until New Jersey's 2003 Cup run, and stayed elite until 2007, was good for another couple years and retired. But people act like he was as good as 2006 Niedermayer for the whole thing. If you argue, people just list off all the things that his teams won.

He was fast and one of the greatest skaters ever. He could score and go end to end all day if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->