The most dissapointing team this season?

Who has been the biggest dissapointment team this year?

• Total voters

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Picked Montreal. After a run to the finals I don't know if anyone saw them falling to the depths of the league.

But NYI could easily be the pick. Edmonton too, but they feel like a perennial option in this kind of poll.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
islanders. hands down. they were a lock for the playoffs for most in the offseason, the rest of this list were playoff hopefuls to start the season, so most disappointing would be the islanders.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Caps have all the firepower and coaching and have been very lackluster. Injuries sure but still.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I am not surprised by the Islanders. Their forward group looked questionable coming into the season. They seem pretty overrated, must be the advanced stats crowd. The Oilers I don't think are that disappointing, maybe somewhat. They came into the season still with holes in the lineup and a team that really cannot afford many injuries. I guess even so the expectation was they would be a playoff team in spite of that but certainly not a top team. I would go with Winnipeg. I think they have a pretty good roster and some solid players. Maybe need a few additions but I certainly thought they would be better than they have.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
For me it’s Jets and Islanders.
Didn’t expect much from the others, they’re close to where I expected them to be.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
I went with "other" for Seattle.

I didn't like their expansion draft decisions, so I didn't really have high expectations for them to disappoint me. But they've been not just bad, but uninteresting. I thought there'd be more fun involved in an expansion team, but they're just so boring.
I jumped on board for what I expected would be an interesting ride with an expansion team. I’ve been disappointed with so many decisions already that I’m wondering if I made a mistake.

Reactions: banks

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I had big hopes for the Islanders this year, so probably them. 2nd is probably Winnipeg. I don't think anyone is surprised with the Oilers, but that is also pretty disappointing.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Jets for me. That forward core and Hellebuyck needed to perform better.

There's something about the Isles' struggles which seems a little unsurprising. Not enough consistent high level producers on that team. Needed to grab another gamebreaker in the offseason and they didn't. They also had a brutal road trip to start the season and had a multitude of COVID problems. 82 games with full travel is a completely different beast than 56 all in your own division.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I picked Seattle. I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs, but I expected them to be in the 18th-23rd range. I knew they'd have trouble scoring but I didn't expect goaltending and defence to be a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad