The Most Chaotic-Good Players in NHL History

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Wait is POI a thing now? P, PT, POI, Points? What a time to be alive!

Also good thread, everyone loves some rough hockey!

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Sugar

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Chaos isnt being a tough guy and enforcer. It’s the rats the guys who give the dirty little spear after the play, who just happen to lose a blade when driving the net, who give a face wash when nothing was happening.

Current

Marchand
Shaw
Dustin Brown
Keith

All time

Clarke
Mikita (early years)
Ciccarelli

Those are the players causing chaos

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
I liked Forsberg who could hammer people alright. He could get really dirty. He could break the flow of the game, enforce his own pace through his great possession and cause the opposition to make mistakes through his relentlessness. He had a truckload of skill on top.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Rick Tocchet was amazing! I wish there could be more players like that nowadays. The perfect hockey player...

However I'm not sure he and guys like Clark/Shanahan etc are good example of chaotic players. They were tough but not very chaotic. Sean Avery or Matthew Barnaby are to me the definition of chaotic hockey players. And I guess Link Gaetz would be THE definition of chaos.

Reactions: Amorgus

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Great list! I realize that it was a quantitative analysis, but if I were to do a qualitative (or mixed) Coffey would definitely not be on there - I never thought of him as being a "tough" type of player in the mold of Messier, Tocchet, etc.

I'd definitely add Dino and Lindros on there, they were always causing "chaos". Probably Probert (who could play a little bit) too. Current players: I'd put Hornqvist, even though he doesn't have the PIM's and Kesler.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Rick Tocchet was amazing! I wish there could be more players like that nowadays. The perfect hockey player...

However I'm not sure he and guys like Clark/Shanahan etc are good example of chaotic players. They were tough but not very chaotic. Sean Avery or Matthew Barnaby are to me the definition of chaotic hockey players. And I guess Link Gaetz would be THE definition of chaos.
I saw Chaotic Evil and immediately thought Sean Avery. He is the perfect example. :laugh: Perhaps Zac Rinaldo can be filed under there?

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
Thanks for the good effort. Interesting read.

Any list that has the word Chaos in the title has to include Eddie Shack on it somewhere.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
The most chaotic player that I remember was Eddie the Entertainer Shack. Seemed when he wasn't hitting everything in sight he was scoring highlight goals. He didn't get much ice time but I recall just about all his shifts ended with a trip to the sin bin or a goal. For those that haven't been mentioned I'd put in Tim Horton and Eric Lindros.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I don't have a template, so you guys will have to photoshop it yourself.

n69jQ7H.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->