The more things change...

Cynical TyranT

Son of a gun
May 9, 2004
Somewhere in 'merica
Well, hello again to all you equally hard-headed NYR fans. I've signed back in for the first time in eons to spend some time investigating all these prospects and the like. Some of you may remember me? Sorry about that. I was a young dipshit. Now Im an old dipshit.

I remember first hearing about these boards from a coworker before the Crosby draft. He was more knowledgable about prospects and the like and gave me all this intel on Crosby and Ovechkin and I remember hoping we'd grab one. We all know how that turned out. But, we gathered here to watch some unknown Swede become an all-time top goalie after unseating Weekes and Dunham. We watched Blackburn's career poof before our eyes. Alexei Cherepanov suffer a ridiculously sad early death. Missing on Tarasenko. Watching Stralman go. Convince ourselves Gomez or Drury were gonna rise to the occasion. Bobby Holik. Im just saying, on a lot of levels, we were always prepared for 2020 and these grim days, because we've been NYR fans [and some of you Mets, Jets, Nets too... and most of us Knicks... ffs]

Anyways. While its certainly sad that Lundqvist wont have gotten his cup here with us due to the LA Kings and awful officiating ill never forget, hopefully Kakko and Lafreniere become complete monsters and everyone else can kiss our collective asses. Thats it boys. Good to be back? Sorta? Definitely not posting 4k posts ever again. Who has time for that? Some of you are crazy.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Well, hello again to all you equally hard-headed NYR fans. I've signed back in for the first time in eons to spend some time investigating all these prospects and the like. Some of you may remember me? Sorry about that. I was a young dipshit. Now Im an old dipshit.

I remember first hearing about these boards from a coworker before the Crosby draft. He was more knowledgable about prospects and the like and gave me all this intel on Crosby and Ovechkin and I remember hoping we'd grab one. We all know how that turned out. But, we gathered here to watch some unknown Swede become an all-time top goalie after unseating Weekes and Dunham. We watched Blackburn's career poof before our eyes. Alexei Cherepanov suffer a ridiculously sad early death. Missing on Tarasenko. Watching Stralman go. Convince ourselves Gomez or Drury were gonna rise to the occasion. Bobby Holik. Im just saying, on a lot of levels, we were always prepared for 2020 and these grim days, because we've been NYR fans [and some of you Mets, Jets, Nets too... and most of us Knicks... ffs]

Anyways. While its certainly sad that Lundqvist wont have gotten his cup here with us due to the LA Kings and awful officiating ill never forget, hopefully Kakko and Lafreniere become complete monsters and everyone else can kiss our collective asses. Thats it boys. Good to be back? Sorta? Definitely not posting 4k posts ever again. Who has time for that? Some of you are crazy.

I relate to this post 100%. I started a while back (not as long back as you haha), and have sparsely posted in recent years. I relate even more to becoming an old dipshit after all these years.

Welcome back. LGR

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Same here - Welcome back, as you can see from the stats, I have been on here (at least registered since 2003). I always lurk but don't post that often. There is a lot of passion on the boards. The Jack Johnson signing really angered some fans. For me, I hate "throwing away" a year but we are really in a bit of a crunch with cap space. Who knows what the 2020-21 season looks like. I am looking forward to the future of this team. I believe we are in good hands with Davidson and Gorton. I do not think Gorton is not taking calls or is just "sitting on his hands". The NHL and teams in general also need to agree with terms of a deal or players involved. Unfortunately, the league does not revolve around the Rangers and sometimes, a player will choose another team. Take the good with the bad, Panarin took less to sign here (allegedly). I love the passion all of us have on here, but I do think some posters think that it is easy just to find a taker for a player (example: Strome and DeAngelo). If or when they do move them, then the return is scrutinized.

Again, some of the posters trade proposals are really well thought out and are quality posts but sometimes I sense frustration because the Ranger management cannot complete similar deals.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Hey good to see you man.

Reactions: Cynical TyranT

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well, not really different from the rest of us, now are you?

Reactions: Cynical TyranT

Cynical TyranT

Son of a gun
May 9, 2004
Somewhere in 'merica
Good to see the 02 - 04s posting again. Including @RangerBoy, @Edge and yourself.

Hey I remember some of those names! Knew it'd jog the old memory. Been a lot of alcohol since then.

I’ve been back with a vengeance the last 3 years or so.

There he is. Avatar intact and all.

Yes, I remember pronouncing your username as Cynical Tyran-TEE for some reason, WB

Hahahah, it started with me being a "clever" kid thinking my name should be capitalized on BOTH sides, so, its a thing I did a lot back in the 90s...

Hey good to see you man.

Likewise. Definitely recognize the handle.

Well, not really different from the rest of us, now are you?

You as well, hahaha... and I guess not

Ye Olde Geezer Group!!!!

My back hurts, and get off my lawn.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lurking for 14 years.

Came here because it was mentioned in a HockeyRodent thread. Boy, do I miss his write-ups.
Much more famous since McKenzie mentioned HHF boards on TSN national television. While there are a lot of knowledgeable smart hockey fans that visit and post and are a pleasure to talk to, there are 5 jackasses for every solid guy. On the main boards ratio is way higher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad