News Article: The money says that only Ottawa is a worse team...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Here’s a top 9 projection by a Sabres fan from their subforum:

Sheary-Eichel-Skinner
Wilson-Reinhart-Mittelstadt
Rodriguez-Berglund-Okposo

This is not a great forward group. Add in that their starting goalie is a soon-to-be 33 year-old career backup. Buffalo is going to be a bottom five team again next season.
Our forward group is better than that? Please explain how

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think they're both currently bad, and it's splitting hairs between them. I like the future of Detroit's forwards better, but Dahlin/Ristolainen annihilates anything the Wings have on defense.

I would guess that Detroit finishes bottom 3, and Buffalo bottom 5.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think they're both currently bad, and it's splitting hairs between them. I like the future of Detroit's forwards better, but Dahlin/Ristolainen annihilates anything the Wings have on defense.

I would guess that Detroit finishes bottom 3, and Buffalo bottom 5.

ristolainen isn't that good, he blows in the dzone. even bogo is probably better.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
It is hard to imagine we are worse than Montreal and NYI.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our forward group is better than that? Please explain how
I certainly think it's debatable. They had 6 players above 30 points last season, we had 8. Even if we are losing Z, it's quite possible all of Zadina, Ras and Bertuzzi exceed 30. They lost O'Reilly but Berglund, Sobotka and Mittlestadt could be 30+ point players. Overall though I think our depth looks a little stronger.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I certainly think it's debatable. They had 6 players above 30 points last season, we had 8. Even if we are losing Z, it's quite possible all of Zadina, Ras and Bertuzzi exceed 30. They lost O'Reilly but Berglund, Sobotka and Mittlestadt could be 30+ point players. Overall though I think our depth looks a little stronger.

they also added skinner, an elite 5on5 goal scorer, after being the worst 5on5 goal scoring team last year by wide margin.

they'll probably be pretty bad though unless their younger players break out, especially if dahlin is great from day 1. they need that cuz their D can't move the puck out of the Dzone.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We are undoubtedly a lottery team, in case you were unaware of how bad the situation is without Hank: he was +25 in all situations when on the ice, and the team was -65 when he was off. Zetterberg ate all the tough assignments so that Larkin could run wild. Also, Hank was on the ice for 37% of our goals. That’s a massive hole to fill. And we still have perhaps the worst defense in the entire nhl. So.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
they also added skinner, an elite 5on5 goal scorer, after being the worst 5on5 goal scoring team last year by wide margin.

they'll probably be pretty bad though unless their younger players break out, especially if dahlin is great from day 1. they need that cuz their D can't move the puck out of the Dzone.
It's just another argument that's actually arguing two different things, who would you rather have going forward and who will finish with the better record.

A poster said he doesn't expect Buffalo to be better than us and the other poster said "I would trade rosters with them"
It's not exactly the same thing. But I expect both to be bad and finish within a couple spots of each other.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Jkutswings=bourgeoisie confirmed.
tenor.gif

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Here’s a top 9 projection by a Sabres fan from their subforum:

Sheary-Eichel-Skinner
Wilson-Reinhart-Mittelstadt
Rodriguez-Berglund-Okposo

This is not a great forward group. Add in that their starting goalie is a soon-to-be 33 year-old career backup. Buffalo is going to be a bottom five team again next season.

More like

Skinner Eichel Reinhart
Sheary Mittelstadt Okposo

Wilson is trash. They have rasmus dahlin, ristolainen, mittlestadt, eichel, to our Larkin Mantha Zadina. They're who we could be if we get Hughes

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I just really like those pizzas and I think they get a bad rap for being "bad" when they are just perfectly adequate pizzas that are super affordable and magically have maintained the low price over many years.

You need to go to Philadelphia, New Jersey, or New York and eat some real pizza, Doc.

Enders Game

Jun 4, 2018
You need to go to Philadelphia, New Jersey, or New York and eat some real pizza, Doc.
Chicago used to have great pizza too; until all the Italians were displaced by you know

Detroit has a few good pizza places too. Local suburb pizzareias are great too. Just got to stay away from those big chains like Little Caesar’s, Buddy’s, Dominos, Jets, etc

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Chicago's tavern style pizza is amazing, get over it. The fact that people don't think thin crust pizza when they think of Chicago is a shame.

Last edited:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Are you saying this article is fake news?

Hot and Ready Pizza is the best non-homemade pizza you can get at five bucks. I will fight you on that.

Digiorno and 20x the quality as well. California Pizza Kitchen thin crust Margherita ain't bad either but I believe is like $1 more but it won't tear your guts up like little diarrea will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->