The MLD 2020 Thread

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I have four ballots, which isn't ideal. The remaining GMs have voted, but no-one else. Should we wait and try to get 1-2 additional more ballots?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Game 7 OT! The definition of a hard fought series that could have gone either way. Congrats to @ResilientBeast on building a strong club that was a goal away from advancing to the finals. My apologies for not having any time this past week for a back and fourth in our matchup thread. Just didn’t work out.

Congrats to @kruezer as well. One of my favorite clubs built this year and you were certainly a contender. You just ran into a strong Maine club. Great work though.

Thank you to everyone who continues to vote!

Now, it looks like Van and I are having a finals rematch since our clubs battled it out in the 2019 finals as well.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
FYI, I only have three ballots.

EDIT: But then, the decision is unanimous. I will post the result.

Last edited:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Cornwall Aces defeat Maine Black Bears in seven games.
1st star: Roger Crozier. 2nd star: Tom Paton. 3rd star (tied): Pierre Larouche & Viktor Zhluktov.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Thanks to everyone who stuck around and continued to vote.

Wow, I came in with intention to try and defend my MLD title from last year and I had a goal of repeating, but I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off even though I thought I built another strong lineup. There were a few strong teams this year that over the course of the draft I thought were coming together quite nicely. Kudos to everyone involved.

This was fun!

And thank you to @Theokritos for tallying all of the votes this year.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Back-to-back MLD championships? Very impressive feat.

Thanks, BB! I loved my 2019 team and thought I put together a pretty good one this year as well, but I wasn’t as confident I could pull it off again. There were some pretty solid teams built this year, I thought. I’m now 2 for 2 in MLD’s, so that’s pretty neat.

Indeed.

As is: I am now a back-to-back MLD finalist, a 5-time MLD finalist loser.

(I did co-GM two MLD championships, both over a decade ago.)

Being a 5-time MLD finalist (and 2 time co-winner) is very impressive as well, Van. You’re a perennial contender and that’s certainly something to be proud of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->