The MLD 2020 Thread

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'm at the cabin with limited internet until monday afternoon/evening I will try and vote before I go to sleep that day

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Jackals select a 5-time Vezina finalist who has won the Vezina and two Stanley Cups (identified by teammates as Conn Smythe worthy), the first American to 300 NHL wins, the 1st round 5th overall who took home the Calder and Vezina in 1984, backstopping his Canada Cup team that year to a 2-2-1 record to kickstart a career that ended shortly after he won a 2002 Olympic game as a veteran backup for the Silver-medal team. Ranked 29th in the HOH project, he is none other than Tom Barrasso, the 6'3 tall netminder who holds the NHL record for career assists and is ranked top-5 all time in puckhandling by The Hockey News.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Jackals select HHOFer Jiri Holik, the 6-time Czechoslovakian all-star two-way left winger who was top-3 in Golden Stick voting four times. He was a mainstay on the national team for 14 years, playing an unprecedented 319 international games, captaining the team in the 1974 world championships.
Forever it will be said about him: when he is on the ice, nothing bad will happen. He was an assurance on penalty killl, he could carry the puck out of the defensive zone during tense moments, he made no mistakes. He could do a perfect backhand deke with which he figured out everyone. He also became famous as a first great defending left wing, the Czech invention against Soviet machine. This system downright suited him - but he wasn´t just a defending worker. He was also a hockey player who was able to skate neatly. He played his best in the last periods when everybody had already been exhausted and he could dominate because of his natural slide.

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hey guys,

Seems like VanIslander is unable to post right now, but he let me know that voting for the current playoff round will take place this upcoming Monday and Tuesday. The divisional finals will begin on Thursday. I can send out reminder PM’s tomorrow or Sunday. But please send your votes to Theokritos before Tuesday night.

@ResilientBeast
@Johnny Engine
@kruezer
@tony d
@Claude The Fraud
@tabness

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
PM sent to everyone. Please get your votes in before Tuesday night at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific. Results will then be posted some time that night or Wednesday and the divisional finals will begin Thursday.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
5 ballots received.

Sir Allen Montagu:

Maine Black Bears vs Granby Predateurs 4-1

Stars: Art Chapman 1st, Vladimír Růžička & Tom Paton & Cam Ward 2nd (three-way tie).

Victoria Voo Doo vs Powassan Voodoos 3-4
Stars: Andrei Khomutov 1st, Nikolai Khabibulin 2nd, Billy Reay 3rd.

Note: Extremely curious that the losing team (albeit in the closest series) gets all the stars. The tiny sample size (three ballots) made that possible.

Mickey Ion:

Cornwall Aces vs Vancouver Voodoo 4-2

Stars: Pierre Larouche 1st, Roger Crozier 2nd, Orest Kindrachuk & Robert Lang 3rd (tied).

Seattle Kraken vs Detroit Vipers 4-2

Stars: Jiří Lála 1st, Don Edwards 2nd, Robbie Ftorek & Doug Jarrett 3rd (tied).

The voters:
@Habsfan18
@Johnny Engine
@kruezer
@ResilientBeast
@tony d

Reactions: Habsfan18

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Is voting this weekend? I'm not sure how many voters are aware of it.

That’s probably my fault as I had sent out the PM’s for the previous voting period but I haven’t sent out anything this time. I’ve just been very busy the past week and a half that I haven’t had much time at all for HF and the MLD.

There doesn’t really seem to be any activity going on at all and I will definitely take part of the blame for that.

So what are we thinking guys? Shall we start the voting process for this round to determine which two clubs will meet in the final?

@VanIslander
@ResilientBeast
@kruezer
@Johnny Engine
@tony d
@Claude The Fraud
@tabness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad