Post-Game Talk: The misery is over. A 4-3 OTL loss in what could be Lu's final game. (BARKOV SETS RECORD! 95PTS)

Is this it for #1

• Total voters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
9062877.jpg

luongo+fla1.jpg

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Luongo-Mclennan video is an all timer. Anyways for anyone out of the loop there's a bunch of speculation Luongo will be LTIRed after this season but physicals aren't till late August so this is either an emotional game or playing out the string as we continue to count down the days till July 1st.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
In addition to Lu, some other notable Panthers in their probable/possible final games:

James Reimer-100% trade or buyout
Jamie McGinn-UFA will not be re-signed
Troy Brouwer-UFA, I imagine Tallon wants him back though
Riley Sheahan-Like Brouwer, I think he will be back
Denis Malgin-Good chance he will not be tendered
Ian McCoshen-Good chance he will not be tendered
Mark Pysyk-If Florida wants to upgrade the 2nd pair, he'll be traded.

Reactions: JP Mick

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Another season gone by without the playoffs. This is/was a very disappointing season.

I admit I was one of those that truly believed that we were a lock for the playoffs. Which is why I don't gamble!

Career years for too many players that were wasted by poor defense and goaltending.

Oh well, that's the life of a Panthers fan, isn't it. We will be there tonight - don't expect to have our seat #'s listed for a prize - cheering for Lou and the rest of the boys to end the season on a high note.

We'll be back next year too with full season tickets.

@CHGoalie27 - see ya at the game!

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Calling Lu does one last ride as back up next season. He deserves one more shot at the cup here.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'd be fine with Lu coming back as a backup, cap space be damned. You can't count on his body to hold up as a starter, but I think he'd be just fine playing 20 games. You do need a plan C in case plan A gets hurt, though, but I suppose we have that with Monty?

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Doesn’t matter what they do if they hold on to Boughner. Hopefully he’s canned by tomorrow evening and the smoke of Q becomes a reality. He can grow players, and I think he’ll get the most out of the defense.

I know there’s talk of AV, but I don’t like the short leash he tends to give younger guys. Imo, one of the dumbest things about Boughner is how terrible he is with the kids. Add in his lack of preparing the team/motivating the guys and how terrible he is with the line combos, I think Q is the man to target.

Reactions: LastOfADyingBeard

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Doesn’t matter what they do if they hold on to Boughner. Hopefully he’s canned by tomorrow evening and the smoke of Q becomes a reality. He can grow players, and I think he’ll get the most out of the defense.

I know there’s talk of AV, but I don’t like the short leash he tends to give younger guys. Imo, one of the dumbest things about Boughner is how terrible he is with the kids. Add in his lack of preparing the team/motivating the guys and how terrible he is with the line combos, I think Q is the man to target.
How is he bad with kids?

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't think Tallon will call the cab for Bougner yet. And besides both coach Q and AV still have their contracts running though next year so at the earliest it will happen then.

Regarding Lou, I wouldn't mind him sticking around as a back up for another year but the reality is that he has a significant cap hit. If they need that I think they'll ask him to retire.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

FYI, Q is equally dumb in developing rookies, if not not even worse.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Boughner or AV? I don’t think he plays them enough and chooses veterans. Sheahan (who I have no issue with) goes out instead of Borgstrom in OT, etc. Not a fan. AV will also give a short leash.
He’s making them earn it and nothing wrong with that. Hawk got to play with tro cause he earned it. Borg did nothing to earn those minutes and he knows it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad