The Milbury Trophy: Worst Executive of the Year

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
5 pages and only one person mentions Stan Bowman? Seriously, this guy is being given a major pass because of the previous Stanley Cup. But 2017-18 was horrible for him. The Saad VS Panarin trade alone must be the worst trade of the year. Actually, did he win a single trade this year???

sans-titre-jpg.126063

He's been trending downwards over the years but still isn't a terrible gm. And he easily won the Hartman trade.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Chiarelli, Bergevin and Dorion are trying to outdo each other.. Gonna be a close finish... Let's see how the draft and FA pan out :sarcasm:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Chiarelli must be coming pretty close to Millbury. He will one day be named for this trophy..much like Ovechkin will be the next Rocket Richard trophy

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
It's gotta be Benning. Spends to the cap every year and is consistently one of the worst teams in the league but every fall says they have improved a lot and are going to compete in March for a playoff spot and we end up nearly dead last.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Honestly..should just give it to Melnyk...I am positive he is an executive someplace...

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Dorion has his hands somewhat tied due to spending restrictions. Also, having a superstar in the apex of his career also means you have to get creative. His drafting hasn't been bad and he hasn't given up any great players in lopsided trades. Gotta give it to Chia. Awful moves all around.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I object to the award being named for Mad Mike when Ed Johnson was far far worse. More than Karmanos, more than Bettman, more than John Rowland, more than incompetent Richard Gordon he is THE man who murdered my Whalers. Ray Ferrarro (one of the many players he stupidly traded) had the line of the year when he said Ed addressed the team and said he was going to build a team that would win the cup "but he didn't tell us it would be the Penguins."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad