Rumor: The Mike Reilly Sweepstakes - Rangers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Rodfull, yes yes, feel the pain in your buttocks.

Anyway, if they can steal this kid, they'd have to make a pretty egregious error the rest of the way to ruin the off-season.
Challenge accepted.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Rodfull, yes yes, feel the pain in your buttocks.

Anyway, if they can steal this kid, they'd have to make a pretty egregious error the rest of the way to ruin the off-season.

Agreed, this would be an exceptional start to the off-season.

Did he play on the US WJC teams? I can't remember

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers have a pretty long list of players who they have developed as either college UFA's or undrafted players. Girardi. MZA. Hayes. Gilroy had a run for a bit. Ortmeyer. Stralman.

They give these guys chances to prove themselves.
Stralman was definitely buying low, but he wasn't undrafted

Ideally I would like us to move Girardi and/or Klein, but then our entire defense will shoot from the left side and AV would commit suicide.
During AV's time in Vancouver, 26 of 39 defensemen used were left-handed, representing 65.9% of all games played. Is it possible this board is making this a bigger issue for AV than it really is?

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
So in short:

- Gets a chance to play in the same organization with Skjei (Gophers teammate) and Miller (WJC Teammate)
- Gets to play with the greatest goalie in the world
- Gets to play in NYC
- On a team that has a very low average age

Where does he play next year? I still don't get it. We'd have to move Klein and then he'd be competing with McIlrath and Skjei for that spot.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Stralman was definitely buying low, but he wasn't undrafted

During AV's time in Vancouver, 26 of 39 defensemen used were left-handed, representing 65.9% of all games played. Is it possible this board is making this a bigger issue for AV than it really is?

Yes I think so. Go back and look at those defensemen. From what I remember, AV had a pretty significant offensive push from his back-end in the years he was successful.

majesstik

Feb 13, 2015
the wild are also in the mix. his father has a minority stake in that team. i'm sure that would play a big part. but, would still love to see him on broadway

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Sarcastic: Hartford

Honest: Hartford

Oh yes. lol

he apparently turned down a guaranteed NHL debut with Columbus. He isn't signing up to play in Hartford.

From the Columbis Dispatch article: "The Blue Jackets tried to sign Reilly last summer, but he opted to return to Minnesota for his junior season. They tried to sign him again after the Golden Gophers were bounced from the NCAA Tournament, even with the promise of making his NHL debut, but he declined."

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Had no idea we were in the sweep stakes here, I'm not expecting him to sign but if it does id be ecstatic. It means we move someone for a top 6 player or a draft pick. But at the same time I won't be devistated. Let's hope!

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
he apparently turned down a guaranteed NHL debut with Columbus. He isn't signing up to play in Hartford.

From the Columbis Dispatch article: "The Blue Jackets tried to sign Reilly last summer, but he opted to return to Minnesota for his junior season. They tried to sign him again after the Golden Gophers were bounced from the NCAA Tournament, even with the promise of making his NHL debut, but he declined."

That doesn't state the specific reason for him declining to sign though. It could have been a number of other reasons, it just says he was offered the promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad