LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Not able to edit posts on phone. Select option and page hangs
Screenshot_20180104-145650.png

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Is this board preparing to crash during the draft? I just tried getting here and on the first couple of attempts it said it was in offline mode. It seems like this board has been acting up some this week anway.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm disappointed at how badly the boards handled the draft. I mean, we were approaching three-mile-island territory a half hour before the draft even started. The whole point of the migration was that it was supposed to alleviate these sorts of things, and instead we're finding out that for now at least Xenforo is even more rickety than vBulletin ever was at the end. The site gremlins seem to have their work cut out for them ahead of July 1.

And for the record, though I and the other mods do receive periodic updates filtered down through the mod-side site admins from the techy admins, we're not exactly super plugged in to the technical goings-on. But we are aware at how much of a cluster**** tonight was.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I'm disappointed at how badly the boards handled the draft. I mean, we were approaching three-mile-island territory a half hour before the draft even started. The whole point of the migration was that it was supposed to alleviate these sorts of things, and instead we're finding out that for now at least Xenforo is even more rickety than vBulletin ever was at the end. The site gremlins seem to have their work cut out for them ahead of July 1.

And for the record, though I and the other mods do receive periodic updates filtered down through the mod-side site admins from the techy admins, we're not exactly super plugged in to the technical goings-on. But we are aware at how much of a cluster**** tonight was.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Papa Joe19

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

This is a big reason why I wish the Support forum was opened up publicly for everyone. Either that or create another forum down at the bottom for tech issues and the like. The way the board handled itself tonight was disappointing and other than PMs, there's really no line of communication for the tech guy to the users.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is a big reason why I wish the Support forum was opened up publicly for everyone. Either that or create another forum down at the bottom for tech issues and the like. The way the board handled itself tonight was disappointing and other than PMs, there's really no line of communication for the tech guy to the users.

The support forum is open for all admins to see. the only restriction is that regular users don't see other threads started by users who aren't themselves. If anything, this setup should make things much more stark to see because instead of getting one giant "The boards dun ****ed up" thread, the admins can go there and see 50 threads all saying the same thing and it looks quite daunting.

Also, if anyone ever has any issues with how the site is working, you can send an e-mail to [email protected]

Ostensibly that address is chiefly for complaints about moderation, but I'd say that crippling technical failures probably classify as a 'complaint' just the same.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The support forum is open for all admins to see. the only restriction is that regular users don't see other threads started by users who aren't themselves. If anything, this setup should make things much more stark to see because instead of getting one giant "The boards dun ****ed up" thread, the admins can go there and see 50 threads all saying the same thing and it looks quite daunting.

Also, if anyone ever has any issues with how the site is working, you can send an e-mail to [email protected]

Ostensibly that address is chiefly for complaints about moderation, but I'd say that crippling technical failures probably classify as a 'complaint' just the same.

But would you rather have one long thread or 100 short threads all saying the same thing? Yes it's stark, but it makes me think man, having a volunteer job of modding this board, or being the tech guy must really be daunting. I don't envy Buffaload his task.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Tech team.

(And they don't talk with the mods in general. Often the admins or the head honcho only get info/discussion/input.)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I feel like the new posts showing up correctly is getting kinda inconsistent right now and all the news stuff is done.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So now posts are disappearing and I honestly don't know where this board is at today. I respond to posts that are not there, or my posts are disappearing. Hopefully we get a board wide announcement on exactly what happened this weekend and if this board is still usable at this point.

Reactions: Friday

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This forum is so awful. It’s eaten so many posts of mine. I keep getting the same notifications over and over, posts are missing or out of order, and some threads claim that they don’t exist. Just atrocious.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I’m having the same problem as jux. Posts seem to show up out of order as well judging by the time stamps. Wtf happened?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yes, the boards are proper ****ed. No, I don't know when it'll be fixed.
Yes, it's super ****ing annoying. No, I don't know if there's anything to do about it at the moment.
Yes, I know that it's eating posts, sending you to threads to nowhere and possibly travelling back and forth through time and parallel dimensions. No, I don't think I can resurrect any lost content or summon vanished posts back from the murky abyss.
Yes, the admins are aware of how badly things are falling apart. No, they haven't given any indication on exactly what's going on at the moment (other than assurances that things are getting fixed.
Yes, I also hope it'll be fixed so that this doesn't happen again on July 1. No I can't swear it won't happen again for sure.
Yes, I'm aware that at the moment I type this the site layout looks super different. No, I have no idea what that means.

There is an official HF twitter account that did at one point tweet out an apology for the insanity. I can't say off the top of my head if they're providing updates through it though.

If you have any problems, you can probably send an e-mail through [email protected]. If nothing else it's the safest way to vent about what's happened since there's little chance that server shenanigans will eat your e-mail the way they are with posts

NEW AND IMPROVED! :dunno: :scared:

Reactions: Kcoyote3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->