The Michael Ryder Thread

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would love to see at least one of those famous wrist shots from the slot.

He has a awesome release, which I have yet to see since his trade to the Habs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Erik Cole: 2 goals 0 assists in 12 games since trade.

Michael Ryder: 6 goals 7 assists in 13 games.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Just buy out Kaberle and give some of that to Ryder. Gionta expires after next season, so that'll clear up some space. Work out something at that point, but losing Ryder would be an unnecessary blow to our offense.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Just incredible. We finally got ourselves a freakin steal! Add the pick and it's way too big of a steal. We owe that to Dallas for Ribeiro and Robidas.

If he continues that way...sign him. Wouldn't give him more than 3 years though. But add 1 or 2 bigger and grittier bodies up front.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'd rather him than Gionta. If there was a way to trade Gio for a pick and keep Ryder then I would be ecstatic.

Not that Gionta is awful...but we should deal with Gionta like we dealt with Cole...with some perspective. Gionta best days aren't in front of him. And he does have some value still. His problem is his salary so it reduces the possibilities.....But if I also have to choose....I would also pick Ryder with his ups and downs than Gio. He is younger and brings this shooter option we don't have enough.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Just incredible. We finally got ourselves a freakin steal! Add the pick and it's way too big of a steal. We owe that to Dallas for Ribeiro and Robidas.

If he continues that way...sign him. Wouldn't give him more than 3 years though. But add 1 or 2 bigger and grittier bodies up front.

One shall not give Ryder a 3yrs contract, whoever signs him should sign him to a 1yr, max 2yrs contract, any Bruins fan would agree with me.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Not that Gionta is awful...but we should deal with Gionta like we dealt with Cole...with some perspective. Gionta best days aren't in front of him. And he does have some value still. His problem is his salary so it reduces the possibilities.....But if I also have to choose....I would also pick Ryder with his ups and downs than Gio. He is younger and brings this shooter option we don't have enough.

Agreed, but Gio's our "captain" and we're a classy organization. :(

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
One shall not give Ryder a 3yrs contract, whoever signs him should sign him to a 1yr, max 2yrs contract, any Bruins fan would agree with me.

Honest Bruins fans would actually say that they miss him. And Ryder won't sign a 1-year deal. With the type of season he's having AND if he ends up having a good playoffs, he will get 2-3 seasons elsewhere. The closest we have to a sniper like Ryder is....Kristo. And he won't be ready next year. If we want to improve, we should look at signing him. My beef isn't with the 3 years...don't want to give him too much though.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Honest Bruins fans would actually say that they miss him. And Ryder won't sign a 1-year deal. With the type of season he's having AND if he ends up having a good playoffs, he will get 2-3 seasons elsewhere. The closest we have to a sniper like Ryder is....Kristo. And he won't be ready next year. If we want to improve, we should look at signing him. My beef isn't with the 3 years...don't want to give him too much though.

My point is that he got real comfortable in Boston when he got his 3yr contract and his production dropped significantly.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
My point is that he got real comfortable in Boston when he got his 3yr contract and his production dropped significantly.

53, 33 and 41 points. With close to 20 goals each year. With 2 out of 3 very good playoffs. So I guess you sacrifice year 2. But he will give you a very good 1st year...and a good 3rd year to renegotiate. Yet, in a bad year...he gives you close to 20 goals. And not sure that Ryder always played with the top players in Boston.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

This is gold. Where are the fanboys who were crying for Cole after the deal? Not a peep. :laugh:

Great deal by Bergy even if we don't keep Ryder.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Him and Plekanec seem to be developing some nice chemistry, too bad Bourque had a set back because he would've been great with those 2 and would've allowed Ryder to play RW where he is more comfortable.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Ryder is doing what he was brought to Mtl to do! score. The reason i was not for this trade is that I felt we lost a presence..size and explosiveness the overall team play! lets take for example ...last nights game! guys like plec and Gionta were forced to fight in the trenches to get the puck to a floader ok ook a sniper...same thing on the power play this game didn't have to be close but we were unable to win the puck to setup the pp. same thing vs Pitts. How long can Gionta, Plek, Desharnais, Gally and the other small guys keep getting hit. In other words we address one problem and created another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad