OT: THE MENU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wasn't sure about the tip, and I didn't want to leave a whimpy tip. She did look at me, as I filled out 15, she did give me a suprise look, but I'll be 36 in July and she had to have been in her 20s and I didn't want to come off as a perv.
As someone with a wife 8 years younger than themself....nothing wrong with that!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wasn't sure about the tip, and I didn't want to leave a whimpy tip. She did look at me, as I filled out 15, she did give me a suprise look, but I'll be 36 in July and she had to have been in her 20s and I didn't want to come off as a perv.

Buddy, I'm no good at math, but I'm telling you, the next time a similar situation arises, don't be shy. That's no kind of age difference. I could tell you stories ...

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
even people that blow up like a puffer fish if they eat shellfish
Ok...they get a pass.

I just honestly can't imagine not liking it. I had mussels the other day as an appetizer followed by fish n chips. All home cooked.

And I would say I have lobster on average once every 6 weeks. But it has gotten expensive the last year or so.....almost double in price.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't for the life of me understand why people would spend a lot of money for it. It's nothing special. Shrimp are OK, but it's easy to get them wrong, as I found out every time I tried to make them lol. But even when they are made right, I'm like "Meh."

755d749be1f53746ed14215265c5432f.gif

One of the main things my dad makes to this day is shrimp scampi.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I can't for the life of me understand why people would spend a lot of money for it. It's nothing special. Shrimp are OK, but it's easy to get them wrong, as I found out every time I tried to make them lol. But even when they are made right, I'm like "Meh."

We all see right through your salmon bias.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
do you need a license to catch your own up there? when i lived in texas you could catch shrimp and crab without one. had the tub full of crabs one time lol
Oh yes you need a license!

I will say though, when I was younger, we went out on my uncles boat and he dove down to get some deep sea lobster. They were massive! And as kids, were were told that if we saw any other boat, let the adults know and we were to start throwing the lobster overboard. We may have been catching them illegally...lol.

Every summer, we go to a place called the Shore Club about 30 minutes away. You pay like $39 dollars for a 2 lb lobster, all you can eat mussels, and a salad bar, bread, soup/chowder, etc...Followed by desert and tea/coffee.

I am always stuffed when I leave there but man it is good!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
shrimp alfredo is one of my favorites along with bacon wraped scallops
We would get along quite nicely!

Bacon wrapped scallops are a must have for me around X-Mas time and are also great when making a seafood pasta. Adds great flavour to the dish!

Christ....I am going to need to make this again soon!

Side note, Thursday around lunch my mom popped in unexpectedly and brought with her donairs(which .i have talked about before on here). She bought the large sizes and they were so big, I could only eat 1/3 of it. Then had another 1/3rd last night for supper. Still more to go today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->