OT: THE MENU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I fully endorse this thread. :laugh:

I am on a calorie restrictive diet during the way right now to offset the fact that I eat like a f***ing pirate on weekends.

So far today I had a bowl of Lucky Charms, a thin mint flavored Chewy granola bar, a very small bag of Funyuns, and a chicken strips and french fries Smart Ones microwaveable lunch. All of that is only 650 calories consumed so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: hatcher

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Try to start the day with a bowl of Raisin Bran or Cheerios, with skim milk and blueberries and banana. Orange juice with a multi-vitamin.
That buys me brownie points for the inevitable temptations that come my way.

Lunch is leftovers or a Greek yogurt (flavored, I'm not a masochist).
Snack on nuts, a few pieces of chocolate (I'm an addict).

Dinner depends on the wife's whims. But focused on the Mediterranean diet (i.e. pasta with olive oil, fish (wild salmon, tuna, swordfish, cod - usually frozen from Trader Joe's - that "fresh fish" from the Supermarket is generally thawed frozen fish from deep sea boats), chicken but with red meat once or twice a week (Costco rib eyes, flank steak, beef ribs or hamburger) - I prefer Choice over Prime, the "high priced" blend has too much marbled fat - just like salt, once you reduce it in your diet, what was normal becomes too much.

Black coffee (the PC Latin American coop blend), dark roast, then Diet Mountain dew.

I'm a strong believer in everything in moderation, including moderation.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I just started a calorie restrictive diet as well. I am pretty good at losing weight. Starvation + exercise and cut out all (or most) red wine. Started this week eating only 2-5 boiled eggs, a can of tuna and a glass of grapefruit juice (plus black coffee and tea). Add in a 10 mile hike up a small mountain every week and in two months I am set to resume over eating and over drinking.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't eat breakfast...so had a ham and pastrami homemade sub for lunch.

BBQ ribs, rice, mushrooms and corn planned for supper.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've been doing Blue Apron dinners for the past year or so. I get one shipment of every other week. Each shipment contains all of the ingredients to cook 3 meals for 2 adults. It runs $60 with the delivery so $20 per recipe or $10 per plate.

Two nights ago I made Steaks topped with Warm Salsa Lemon Verde with Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli on the side.

They usually turn out delicious.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Any thread where there's no stupid arguments is a great thread. :laugh:

A typical day for me:

Breakfast- Apple, Banana, or Greek Yogurt

Lunch- Either leftovers from the previous nights dinner or something like a quick turkey sandwich

Dinner- Usually something with chicken (grilled chicken, shredded chicken, etc) or ground beef (burgers, chili, etc).

Typically don't snack between meals, if I do usually it's something like a Greek yogurt or fruit.

I'm definitely not trying to lose weight, but I do keep track of calories to make sure I maintain my current weight, not go up or down.

I'm also kinda weird because I don't really care for stuff like pizza or pasta, don't drink any alcohol, and don't drink coffee.

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
my menu is usually different then most due to my work schedule.
my late breakfast is usually coffee and a bagel. i have a light snack like a hot pocket or sandwich at first break then dinner.
last night i had chicken alfredo and salad

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I fully endorse this thread. :laugh:

I am on a calorie restrictive diet during the way right now to offset the fact that I eat like a ****ing pirate on weekends.

So far today I had a bowl of Lucky Charms, a thin mint flavored Chewy granola bar, a very small bag of Funyuns, and a chicken strips and french fries Smart Ones microwaveable lunch. All of that is only 650 calories consumed so far.

I am usually ok with mu calorie intake. its the sodium that gets me in trouble.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I got a sous vide machine for xmas so I've been playing around with it lately. I've been making sous vide egg bites for breakfast (copycat of the Starbucks recipe, which are delicious). I'll make 12 at a time on the weekend in little 4 oz mason jars and then my wife and I will eat them for breakfast during the week. I've mixed up the ingredients with bacon, sausage, pork roll, mushrooms, onions, etc. They are perfect for a quick grab and go meal.

I've also done pork chops in the sous vide which come out perfect. An hour in the water bath at 140 degrees then sear them in a piping hot cast iron pan on all sides.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I just started a calorie restrictive diet as well. I am pretty good at losing weight. Starvation + exercise and cut out all (or most) red wine. Started this week eating only 2-5 boiled eggs, a can of tuna and a glass of grapefruit juice (plus black coffee and tea). Add in a 10 mile hike up a small mountain every week and in two months I am set to resume over eating and over drinking.

I just cannot restrict my food intake. It hurts too much. Anything less than ~2500-3000 calories a day and I feel like I am going to die. :laugh:

Which means that pre-season and in-season I just have to exercise even more. Though also only drink ~2 days a week in-season as well. Stopping drinking a few beers every night really helps!

Though trying not to be so stupid with it all anymore. I used to go from ~82kg (and ~15% BF) in middle of summer , to ~87kg (and ~18% BF) at the end of pre-season, to ~78kg (and ~12% BF) by the end of the season in ~April. Which is not very healthy really.

Now just stay around 80-82kg all year.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I've been trying to lose weight because 2017 and the first month of 2018 has been a shitshow for me mentally and physically. Between being in the hospital for days at a time with my son, and tearing my acl/mcl and meniscus, i ended up gaining like 30 pounds.

I used to play hockey two nights a week before my injury in December, but since i stopped playing i gained 15 pounds since the start of December. I feel like i eat pretty well actually, i eat a lot of salad/veggies/almonds... but being sedentary makes me gain weight. Due to all the stress i was drinking beer 3-4 nights a week since i got my kegerator setup.

The last week i've been trying to go to the gym, i figure i cant tear my acl,mcl, meniscus anymore so i've been getting up at 5 in the morning and going to the gym using the elliptical. I stopped drinking during the week also. I haven't had a beer in like 2 weeks which is probably a record for me since i was 21.

Yesterday:

Wake up/on way to gym - handful of almonds, Banana Creme Muscle Milk
Breakfast - Scrambled Egg bowl from Wawa, Monster Ultra Sunrise Zero Cal/Zero Sugar/Zero Carb Energy Drink
Snack - Nutribullet smoothie (1/2 peach, 1/2 banana, strawberry, Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, 2% Fairlife ultra filtered Milk)
Lunch - Romaine Salad, Shredded Cheese, Croutons, 22 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
Snack - Skinnypop popcorn
Dinner - Wheat Pasta, Blackened Spicy Shrimp, Broccoli
Snack - Apple, 2% Fairlife Ultra Filtered Milk

Drinks throughout the day - Water, Diet Green Tea from Turkey Hill

Today:

Breakfast - Scrambled Egg bowl from Wawa, Monster Ultra Sunrise Zero Cal/Zero Sugar/Zero Carb Energy Drink
Snack - 1 cup of low sodium almonds
Lunch - 1 gala apple, romaine salad with shredded cheese, blackened shrimp left over from last night, and garlic/butter croutons, 22 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
Snack - Chocolate Muscle Milk.

For Dinner we are probably going to do Baked Garlic Chicken Breast, Green Beans, and a Biscuit.

Last edited:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
breakfast- peanut butter toast plus anything laying around...leftovers or sometimes ill do scrambled eggs/toast. weekends steak/eggs.
snack- protein shake w/banana
lunch- at least couple sandwiches or subs or if im out and about burgers or edo japan (sumo sized teriyaki) yummy.
snack-protein shake w/banana
dinner- usually meat/rice/veggies x2
snack-cheese/apple protein shake
drink way to much diet coke...

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any thread where there's no stupid arguments is a great thread. :laugh:

A typical day for me:

Breakfast- Apple, Banana, or Greek Yogurt

Lunch- Either leftovers from the previous nights dinner or something like a quick turkey sandwich

Dinner- Usually something with chicken (grilled chicken, shredded chicken, etc) or ground beef (burgers, chili, etc).

Typically don't snack between meals, if I do usually it's something like a Greek yogurt or fruit.

I'm definitely not trying to lose weight, but I do keep track of calories to make sure I maintain my current weight, not go up or down.

I'm also kinda weird because I don't really care for stuff like pizza or pasta, don't drink any alcohol, and don't drink coffee.

Don't you WANT us to like you? Stop reminding us of your fatal flaws. ;)

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
:laugh:

Breakfast: 250ml 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt with a banana, almonds and raisins.
Pre-lunch: A banana.
Lunch: 2x Pork loin wraps with cheese, mayo, BBQ and kidney beans. Some Peanut M+Ms on the side.
Dinner: ~4 beers and whatever I see on the pub menu... at a gig in a couple of hours. (The Damned)
I started reading yours and thought, this guy is some sort of health nut, but by lunch time...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don't you WANT us to like you? Stop reminding us of your fatal flaws. ;)
Hey man, I recognize and admitted that it's weird. What more do you want from me!? :laugh:

But I should have been more specific... I do drink coffee sometimes, but always decaffinated. Which, apparently, is also really strange, based on the reactions of people when I mention that. Seems like some people can't imagine drinking coffee for anything other than the caffeine... although I guess what I drink is more like hot, coffee flavored, sugar milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad