The Menu Part 8 I pray Hagg Leaves Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I too am an anti cumin person. Spices should be used to ENHANCE the flavour of what you are eating, not BE the flavour you are eating, imo.

Take something basic like a tomato and lettuce sammich. Eat half with nothing added. Then add a "dash" of salt and pepper on the other. It's like night and day.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I too am an anti cumin person. Spices should be used to ENHANCE the flavour of what you are eating, not BE the flavour you are eating, imo.

Take something basic like a tomato and lettuce sammich. Eat half with nothing added. Then add a "dash" of salt and pepper on the other. It's like night and day.

Um excuse me?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We are agreeing way too much on food lately.

You must be finally coming to your senses.

YOU are the one who’s finally starting to end up on the correct side.

I stand behind every food take I’ve ever posted

Obviously, I usually have it with bacon...or ham at times. But yes at times I have just that...a toasted tomato and lettuce sammich.

I’ve never heard of anyone just having a tomato and lettuce sandwich before.

I think it’s the lettuce that’s throwing me off, for whatever reason. Just bread, tomato, and some mayo could be acceptable.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
YOU are the one who’s finally starting to end up on the correct side.

I stand behind every food take I’ve ever posted

I’ve never heard of anyone just having a tomato and lettuce sandwich before.

I think it’s the lettuce that’s throwing me off, for whatever reason. Just bread, tomato, and some mayo could be acceptable.
try it...it's good. A BLT without the B.

Simple.

But without the B, you need the salt/pepper...which was my original point.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
If you use it in the minority, cumin is okay. The spice rub I make for my Mexican dishes has cumin. But it also has a ton of garlic and onion salts, and two tons of various chili powders. The cumin adds a bit of earthiness to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->