The Menu Part 6 Gritty's Healthy and Unhealthy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
On Glen Macnow and Joe SixPack's excellent What's Brewing NBCSNP show, they talked about Deep Fried Pickles... I am not a friend food guy... but they claim theyare great, and better than French Fries with beer. They are large whole Dills.

Has anyone tried them? Are they worth the Saturated Fat? I can't imagine what they would be like.

... Asking for myself.

Deep fried dill pickle would be a easy no for me.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Ever try it with lamb? It’s usually hit or miss but I love a shepherds pie regardless

I believe Lamb is what the recipe calls for, but some people use beef.

Personally, I refuse to eat Lamb or Veal on a humanitarian issue... I understand meat is meat, but I have a thing against eating babies... and if we are to consume meat to exist, full grown feeds more... plus they say they torture the young animals for their meat.

That's just my view/stance... but I certainly don't knock others who eat them.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Fried pickles are delicious. They're better in chip form than spear form. I've had them in cornmeal batter and beer batter and both are great.

Last night was my dad's 60th bday dinner. We cooked him coconut green curry mussels, aged NY strips with fried onion strings, loaded baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, and bearnaise sauce. Dessert was home made German chocolate cake. Everything was beyond excellent.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Fried pickles are delicious. They're better in chip form than spear form. I've had them in cornmeal batter and beer batter and both are great.

Last night was my dad's 60th bday dinner. We cooked him coconut green curry mussels, aged NY strips with fried onion strings, loaded baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, and bearnaise sauce. Dessert was home made German chocolate cake. Everything was beyond excellent.

Lucky dad... sounds delicious.

Thanks for the Fried Pickles info... The ones they were talking about were Beer Battered IIRC... I'm going to keep an eye out for them at Restaurants/Pubs and give it a shot... Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’ll second that fried pickles are worth a try. I’ve had them both battered and breaded, both were good.

And yeah, much better in little circles than entire spears. Dip them in some ranch dressing and you’re set.

Thirded. Fried pickles are fantastic.
If you're ever in center city, Varga's are amazing.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Mustard is the absolute worst, and may require a global effort to ban it.

Ranch is also terrible, but ranch eaters are the worst. People who eat ranch with their food have no semblance of human decency while they eat. Every Ranch lover I've ever met would gladly eat their mother's liver if they could put ranch on it.

Nobody dips daintly, they all go knuckles deep into their side of ranch, while ranch drips down the sides of their lips, staining their pants and mankind as a whole.

They've never even tasted their food. They just use their food as a vessel to shovel ranch down their gullet faster, trying to fill the void where the human soul should be with ranch.

Reactions: Amorgus and BigToe

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Ranch is also terrible, but ranch eaters are the worst. People who eat ranch with their food have no semblance of human decency while they eat. Every Ranch lover I've ever met would gladly eat their mother's liver if they could put ranch on it.

Nobody dips daintly, they all go knuckles deep into their side of ranch, while ranch drips down the sides of their lips, staining their pants and mankind as a whole.

They've never even tasted their food. They just use their food as a vessel to shovel ranch down their gullet faster, trying to fill the void where the human soul should be with ranch.

I prefer Blue cheese vs Ranch but on a salad Ranch is fine. I have no problem with it.

As far as Mustard, Guldens Spicy Brown mustard is king and I'll defend it and fight you to the death if need be.

Reactions: Hextallent63

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011

I was watching my nieces and nephews one day for family so I grilled them some hamburgers and hotdogs. The one knucklehead ask for a hot dog and I asked him what he wanted on it and he said wanch, I flipped out and yelled at him and said I was not putting ranch on a hotdog. Later on when his mom came to pick him up I yelled at her too

Reactions: Amorgus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I was watching my nieces and nephews one day for family so I grilled them some hamburgers and hotdogs. The one knucklehead ask for a hot dog and I asked him what he wanted on it and he said wanch, I flipped out and yelled at him and said I was not putting ranch on a hotdog. Later on when his mom came to pick him up I yelled at her too
At least he did not ask for a hot dog sammich.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The best course of action is to always berate children and their parents.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I been using hot sauce on more things to. What kind do you like?

Franks? Tobassco?

I haven't tried this combo.

A friend of mind made these Kirkland jumbo wings in an air fryer

put Frank's on it and honey interesting combo
franks is good texas pete is the one i buy for the house. for wings, i just mix some melted butter in with the texas pete, make sure both are warmed up or the butter will clump and not mix. if i want a hotter sauce i add some powdered caiane

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->