OT: The menu: Part 3. Chocolate milk is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I was lazy last night. Kraft Mac'N'Cheese with a can of stewed tomatoes (flavored) in it so I didn't feel like I just got my 1st chest hair.

Reactions: Tripod

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So how did it go?
Awesome, no rain for a change. I said screw the Buffalo Cauliflower and did Broccoli instead...covered everything in butter. I've transitioned away from normal bacon to Thick Cut Bacon and it was one of my top 5 choices of my life time.

Im down 25 pounds doing this keto diet...going to bdubs for wings tonight covering everything in Blue Cheese.

Best Dipping Sauces ranked:

1. Southwest Ranch
2. Blue Cheese
3. Ranch

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Awesome, no rain for a change. I said screw the Buffalo Cauliflower and did Broccoli instead...covered everything in butter. I've transitioned away from normal bacon to Thick Cut Bacon and it was one of my top 5 choices of my life time.

Im down 25 pounds doing this keto diet...going to bdubs for wings tonight covering everything in Blue Cheese.

1. Southwest Ranch
2. Blue Cheese
3. Ranch

Thick cut bacon is a game changer.

Reactions: Danko

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

1. Southwest Ranch
2. Blue Cheese
3. Ranch

Everything about this post was great until your horrible rankings.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

1. Southwest Ranch
2. Blue Cheese
3. Ranch

Great job man, keep it up.

I just looked at it like grinding in a video game. I didn’t do any specific diet, but as soon as I saw real progress I was locked in. It sucks worrying about what to eat, but seeing the progress go by, bit by bit, was addicting.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Love cauliflower. I usually melt some butter on it & mix in some parmesan cheese with it.

I mostly think Irish food is garbage but I do enjoy when my parents make some ham & cabbage around St. Paddy’s Day.
Bangers and mash baby.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Love cauliflower. I usually melt some butter on it & mix in some parmesan cheese with it.

I mostly think Irish food is garbage but I do enjoy when my parents make some ham & cabbage around St. Paddy’s Day.
I gotta get my corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty's. I usually go with shepherd's pie in Irish/English pubs. I still need to try Toad in the Hole.

Reactions: sabremike

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The best way to cook cauliflower is to season it with some sugar, salt, paprika, and garlic powder then roast the piss out of it until it gets a nice caramelization on it. If done right it will literally taste like candy.

I feel like our resident vegan dude here recently trying to defend vegetables against all you naysayers. You just need to prepare them correctly and they're delicious.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I feel like our resident vegan dude here recently trying to defend vegetables against all you naysayers. You just need to prepare them correctly and they're delicious.

Exactly. For example, I don't understand why so many people murder fresh green beans by cooking them to the point of mush. It's disgusting.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Great job man, keep it up.

I just looked at it like grinding in a video game. I didn’t do any specific diet, but as soon as I saw real progress I was locked in. It sucks worrying about what to eat, but seeing the progress go by, bit by bit, was addicting.

Thanks! Yeah, Once i get started im usually good with following through. About 10 years ago I was 350 pounds and ended up losing around 150 in a year. Once I get past the first week im usually good to go. Most people would be happy about losing 2/3 pounds a week, it's been a little bit slower lately, but with this diet it seems like once it slows down like that eventually you'll get a big loss of like 5 pounds in a week which is what im hoping for.

If this thread existed back when i was that heavy, all i would be talking about is Wendys. I used to go to Wendys like 3 days a week and would get Triple Cheeseburgers, Biggie Fries and Mr. Pibb. Occasionally I would switch it up and go to Burger King. I haven't had McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys since.

Although lately Checkers have been popping up around Delaware and Checkers/Rally''s used to be my favorite when i was a kid but they closed the only one in my area back in the day. Taking a lot of will power not to go in and get a Big Buford.

Five Guys on the other hand...that is my new go to. They make it really easy to avoid carbs, lately i've been getting a Bacon Cheeseburger with Extra Bacon and Cheese, Add Pickles, Tomato, and MAYO. I think im gonna have to go there tonight as a matter of fact.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Exactly. For example, I don't understand why so many people murder fresh green beans by cooking them to the point of mush. It's disgusting.
It's an absolute travesty. You need to have some snap when you bite into a green bean. I swear most people don't like vegetables because they're so used to eating the lowest form of them. I used to hate asparagus and brussels growing up, now they're almost always in my weekly dinner rotation because I learned how to cook them the right way and extract the most flavor and texture.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks! Yeah, Once i get started im usually good with following through. About 10 years ago I was 350 pounds and ended up losing around 150 in a year. Once I get past the first week im usually good to go. Most people would be happy about losing 2/3 pounds a week, it's been a little bit slower lately, but with this diet it seems like once it slows down like that eventually you'll get a big loss of like 5 pounds in a week which is what im hoping for.

If this thread existed back when i was that heavy, all i would be talking about is Wendys. I used to go to Wendys like 3 days a week and would get Triple Cheeseburgers, Biggie Fries and Mr. Pibb. Occasionally I would switch it up and go to Burger King. I haven't had McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys since.

Although lately Checkers have been popping up around Delaware and Checkers/Rally''s used to be my favorite when i was a kid but they closed the only one in my area back in the day. Taking a lot of will power not to go in and get a Big Buford.

Five Guys on the other hand...that is my new go to. They make it really easy to avoid carbs, lately i've been getting a Bacon Cheeseburger with Extra Bacon and Cheese, Add Pickles, Tomato, and MAYO. I think im gonna have to go there tonight as a matter of fact.
Wow, 150 is a pretty crazy achievement. Well done.

And I know what you mean. Burgers are my favorite food, so there was no way I was cutting out carbs back when I lost weight. I just watched calories, so if I really wanted something unhealthy, like a burger, I would just compensate the rest of the day.

Reactions: Tripod

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My friend and I were just having this conversation. I grew up with canned green beans everywhere so when I have fresh ones the flavor was WAY too strong for me and put me off. I ended up oddly enough becoming a big fan of asparagus once my friend cooked them for me. Grilled or fried up in some oil, gimme that stinky pee treat.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Based on the opinions of family and friends... I think I might be the only person on the planet who isn't a fan of Chipotle.
I have a buddy who says the same thing, but I really don't understand it. I'd like to hear your thoughts though. He says the meat is too salty, but I've never had that problem. It's just meat, beans, rice, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and some veggies. What's wrong with that?

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->