OT: The menu: Part 3. Chocolate milk is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
My go to is Hot Tamales. I love them and no one else does, so they're safe to leave around the house.

Everyone else in my house hunts chocolate like it is prey.

Reactions: Amorgus

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
On licorice, red >>>>> black, although I did find one ice cream stand (long since closed down) that served Tiger Stripe (or some name like that) ice cream; orange with black licorice. It was surprisingly great tasting, even though I'm not a fan of either individual flavour.

And growing up, the candy store across from my grandmother's house – I owned stock in the place, trust me – sold the shoestring red licorice, which is the most appropriate format.

Reactions: Tripod

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Holy God, gerts lol that's awful :laugh:

:laugh: I had the exact same objections. That's the kind of ranking that Hak would would come up with, and then we'd have 15 paragraph long essays from deadhead deadsplaining that it doesn't matter that chocolate covered raspberry jelly rings are awful, because they're only in the ten spot, and there weren't any better candies to choose from anyway, even though Twix with it's superior cookie crunch is just sitting there unopened on the shelf!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My go to is Hot Tamales. I love them and no one else does, so they're safe to leave around the house.

Everyone else in my house hunts chocolate like it is prey.
Now that I know they have 7/11 brand Hot Tamales I get them all the freaking time. Only my reflux and/or my burning mouth will keep me from eating them constantly. I have empty packets of them kicking around all over my apartment and car. Yes, I'm WAY overdue for cleaning.

When I was in high school my friends would joke how my diet consisted solely of Hot Tamales, Slim Jims, and Combos. If only that could still be true...

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
1 almond joy 2 mounds 3 chocolate covered malted 4 chocolate covered cherries 5 kit kat 6 5th avenue 7 reeses pb cups 8 pb easter eggs 9 coconut easter eggs 10 chocolate covered raspberry jelly rings
I went to Door County Wisconsin last summer for a wedding. They're known for their cherries up there so I was in my element. Cherry scones, cherry danishes, cherry pie, cherry everything. The chocolate covered cherries were the best I've ever had. Pretty cool area up there too, reminded me of an east coast resort beach town except on Lake Michigan.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I feel like the logical next step for us after candydebate is to move on to vegetables. Steamed veggies can go pound sand. Veggies need to be grilled, roasted, or sauteed to put some color on them. Color equals flavor.

My go to is broccoli, asparagus, or brussels sprouts sauteed with some olive oil and garlic for at least 10 minutes and seasoned generously with salt and pepper. They may look burnt or overcharred, but that's not the case.

If I have some more time I'll roast the brussels with olive oil, garlic cloves, and bacon until they brown up and then toss them in a little honey or spicy maple syrup. It has blown the minds of many brussels haters in the past.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I feel like the logical next step for us after candydebate is to move on to vegetables. Steamed veggies can go pound sand. Veggies need to be grilled, roasted, or sauteed to put some color on them. Color equals flavor.

My go to is broccoli, asparagus, or brussels sprouts sauteed with some olive oil and garlic for at least 10 minutes and seasoned generously with salt and pepper. They may look burnt or overcharred, but that's not the case.

If I have some more time I'll roast the brussels with olive oil, garlic cloves, and bacon until they brown up and then toss them in a little honey or spicy maple syrup. It has blown the minds of many brussels haters in the past.
Vegetables suck. This ends here.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Vegetables suck. This ends here.
7GpM.gif

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Right now I have leeks and mushrooms in the crockpot. Pepper. Salt. White wine vinegar. Thyme. Bay leaf. 1 can of beef + water just to top it off. As an aside, I'll admit to learning how to grill leeks due to Skyrim.

Probably drop that between 2 big buns with some hot oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad