Attachments

• 4AF8023C-DE74-481A-849C-0CB27256B316.gif
    4AF8023C-DE74-481A-849C-0CB27256B316.gif
    92 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You eating canned veggies again? If not, ignore me. If so, at least buy the frozen microwaveable steamer bag veggies. They are infinitely better than canned. Looks tasty otherwise.
Yup. Canned. Fresh stuff is saved for the steak tomorrow night. I prefer the canned to the frozen steamed stuff. The wife is the opposite, so we do both and alternate.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Quick, what’s your favorite way to cook a sirloin? I’ve had a monster sized one sitting since last night covered in salt.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You're defective even in something as straightforward as this.
Pickles are for people that don’t like the taste of their burger, and burgers that get a little messed up when their being cooked. I’ll eat pickles on my burger maybe once a year. Highly overrated “topping”.
The best use of a pickle is spears as a “side”. It lets you choose the exact amount of pickle to bite ratio that you like.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
really? why not?

No reason. I mean, the only thing is that I don't like cooking things with bones - I don't know how and just wouldn't think to even buy them - even though I know it helps the flavor, etc. When I was growing up we ate pork steaks way more often than pork chops, probably due to cost, but I don't like those. I don't go to restaurants very often, and when I do it just wouldn't occur to me to order a pork chop - I'd skip right past it on the menu. I do like them, though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No reason. I mean, the only thing is that I don't like cooking things with bones - I don't know how and just wouldn't think to even buy them - even though I know it helps the flavor, etc. When I was growing up we ate pork steaks way more often than pork chops, probably due to cost, but I don't like those. I don't go to restaurants very often, and when I do it just wouldn't occur to me to order a pork chop - I'd skip right past it on the menu. I do like them, though.
Pork is just so much cheaper up here right now compared to beef. Not sure what it's like down there.

Would you believe that those 2 slabs of meat only cost $3.33 for both of them!

It was only $1.99/lb.

Very good buy.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Pork steak is one of the 6 or so items on Tootsie's menu at Snow's BBQ. It looked ridiculous.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pork is just so much cheaper up here right now compared to beef. Not sure what it's like down there.

Would you believe that those 2 slabs of meat only cost $3.33 for both of them!

It was only $1.99/lb.

Very good buy.

Pork is pretty cheap down here as well. I haven't bought them in a while, but you could get bone-out chops (albeit smaller than yours) for about $1/lb or so

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->