OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
God sees you, he knows you eat frozen pizza.
Will he forgive me if I also make homemade meatballs?

E4601FA9-DF1B-4A59-B727-19FB0F416616.jpeg

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
100% if you don't put them over spaghetti.
They were served with freshly baked homemade bread and store-bought marinara sauce.

I haven't made meatballs in a while...maybe next week
It was my first time making them, and they turned out pretty well despite my inexperience. Even if they did get a bit overcooked :rolleyes:

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What kind of lunatic bakes their own bread and buys their tomato sauce?
I should have been more clear, I didn't actually bake the bread myself. My game day group has started meeting up again since we all got our Rona shots, and somebody else brought and baked the bread. Maybe next time I can attempt my own sauce, but I didn't want to try doing too many new things at once.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@Starat327 any suggestion for an independent companies beer? My two local stores don’t have the best selection in this regard. No IPA, nothing hazy. Something along the lines of an ale , stout, or lager would be awesome.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Are you looking for PA specific, or just anything thats actually independently owned?
I was looking about an about and a half ago!!!!
It didn’t matter where exactly. I was feeling a beer that wasn’t yuengling tonight for some reason.
I ended up grabbing a 6 pack of weyerbacker(spelling?) monk and a 6 pack of river horse triple horse.
I haven’t had the monk yet and I’m drinking the first horse now. It’s pretty tasty.
4A87F45F-031F-46A8-96CC-A7763830BB96.jpeg

Reactions: FlyerNutter

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I was looking about an about and a half ago!!!!
It didn’t matter where exactly. I was feeling a beer that wasn’t yuengling tonight for some reason.
I ended up grabbing a 6 pack of weyerbacker(spelling?) monk and a 6 pack of river horse triple horse.
I haven’t had the monk yet and I’m drinking the first horse now. It’s pretty tasty.
View attachment 449695

Sorry for not living on the boards waiting for your beer questions. :)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Loser! But for future reference.....

This is what i posted to Jojo in the last thread:

In no particular order
Tonewood:
Woodland lager has become a staple in my fridge. They have a smoked version, but im not a huge fan.
Poolside - sounds like you already know
LawnBoi - a really crisp and clean pilsner. Great summer drinker.

Cape May
Cin Cin - italian pilsner that I haven't had yet but I've heard good things.
Boat Ramp Champ - helles lager that drinks really well, especially in summer
Tan Limes - really good Mexican style with salt and lime. I take this one to the beach often.

Ludlum Islands Kolsch is apparently good, but im not a huge fan of the style itself and their IPAs are much better so I've never had it.

Bonesaw Shore Town is probably one of the best lagers out right now, imo. Their Demon Blanc is a weird Belgian wheat that works really well.

Forgotten boardwalk just put out a helles called A Bright Idea that my brother says is pretty damn good. Frequency modulation is a dry hopped hefeweizen, but they dry hop with very subtle flavored hops - Idaho and Eukanot if I'm not mistaken - which add a fun touch to an already good style.

Eight and Sand has Nelson Saison right now which is a really good beer. Nelson hops give a tropical feel to a farmhouse beer. Buzzkeeper is a honey-saison so it's a little sweeter but also a good base farmhouse ale to build off of. If you go to the brewery to get them, you get the added bonus of getting Bad Hombre, which is a simply phenomenal milk stout that is low-ish ABV and would go well with a firepit and smores kinda night.

Then you have your staples, like Carton Boat, Kane Sideshore, etc.

I can literally do this all day, so im going to stop here. Happy to provide any other specific recommendations if you'd like though, be it a brewery or style.

Ill add, for what i expect your tastes to be, that Jack's Abby out of MA makes a very nice variety pack of lagers (seen here ) that are all very good and you would likely enjoy. Nechaminy Creek's lagers and ales are usually pretty good as well. Yards Loyal Lager is a nice easy drinker. Brawler is, well, Brawler. Love City has some distribvution now and their lager is good as well, and Deep Cut pilsner is also a very acceptable Pilsner alternative.​

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
This is what i posted to Jojo in the last thread:

Ill add, for what i expect your tastes to be, that Jack's Abby out of MA makes a very nice variety pack of lagers (seen here ) that are all very good and you would likely enjoy. Nechaminy Creek's lagers and ales are usually pretty good as well. Yards Loyal Lager is a nice easy drinker. Brawler is, well, Brawler. Love City has some distribvution now and their lager is good as well, and Deep Cut pilsner is also a very acceptable Pilsner alternative.​
Thank you kindly.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
If you end up liking the merry monks and triple horse, that opens up a whole new flavor profile.
Triple horse reminds me of golden monkey in taste(which is a good thing), but totally not at the same time. If that makes ANY SENSE AT ALL.
My favorite beer so far was cape may brewring 5 spice, or all spice, beer. Unfortunately it’s a seasonal winter beer.
B2CF807E-63CE-493E-A66B-28FFC46BE092.jpeg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Triple horse reminds me of golden monkey in taste(which is a good thing), but totally not at the same time. If that makes ANY SENSE AT ALL.
My favorite beer so far was cape may brewring 5 spice, or all spice, beer. Unfortunately it’s a seasonal winter beer. View attachment 449746

Triple horse and golden monkey taste similar because if the Belgian yeast strain used. That's standard (generally) amongst all Belgian triples (trippels), so its a safe bet you'd like most of them.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Triple horse and golden monkey taste similar because if the Belgian yeast strain used. That's standard (generally) amongst all Belgian triples (trippels), so its a safe bet you'd like most of them.
People say when you lose one sense, the other 4 pick up the slack. That shit isn’t true.
My hearing is f***ed. My apparently lazy ass eyes and nose did not pick up any slack.
I’m amazed that you confirmed that my thought of triple horse and golden monkey somehow managed to blow my mind.

I’ve always been a big fan of Belgian-style ale

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
People say when you lose one sense, the other 4 pick up the slack. That shit isn’t true.
My hearing is f***ed. My apparently lazy ass eyes and nose did not pick up any slack.
I’m amazed that you confirmed that my thought of triple horse and golden monkey somehow managed to blow my mind.

I’ve always been a big fan of Belgian-style ale

Stick with me kid, i'll take you places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad