OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
70C6AE00-562D-4B07-83D5-9D5CA1B04FC7.jpeg

Four seasons with pork fried rice and chicken on a stick.
I’m telling you, if the person on the phone at your favorite Chinese place isn’t rude, you’re eating trash Chinese food.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Sup Lands.

I’m lazy when it comes to fresh catch. Gut it and stuff it.

Lemon, various seasoning, dill, butter.
I’m not even sure what kind of fish that is. I’m trying to learn more.
I’m a wuss when it comes to that stuff. I don’t even like touching fish haha. I want to get better with it

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m not even sure what kind of fish that is. I’m trying to learn more.
I’m a wuss when it comes to that stuff. I don’t even like touching fish haha. I want to get better with it

All good.

Smallmouth bass. I find the more you kind of get into the process of putting the food on your plate to begin with - the more you get connected with that food, and working to make sure it tastes good.

Just go to your local fishmonger and get a whole salmon or something. Experiment and have fun!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I can actually smell this picture, and it's amazing. My mouth is legit watering. This is the only sort of place where it should be legal to sell kielbase.

Agreed. If you look close, you can see the bacon just sitting on the counter. If there's food safety procedures in place, I dont want it.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I looked up their website. Not only does it look like it hasn't been changed since the early 2000's, it has the sexiest paragraph I've ever read on the internet:

Our mother still comes in every day to "give a hand". She continues to make golabki (stuffed cabbage) for the store, which always sells out.
Czerw's still uses the same recipes for kielbasa that were created over 70 years ago by our grandfather.

Yeah, that's the good shit. Miss me with that Hillshire Farms nonsense.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I looked up their website. Not only does it look like it hasn't been changed since the early 2000's, it has the sexiest paragraph I've ever read on the internet:

Our mother still comes in every day to "give a hand". She continues to make golabki (stuffed cabbage) for the store, which always sells out.
Czerw's still uses the same recipes for kielbasa that were created over 70 years ago by our grandfather.

Yeah, that's the good shit. Miss me with that Hillshire Farms nonsense.

The website definitely hasn't been updated Ina while. Mama Czerw passed last year.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
This is the last time I make a marinade that uses butter without subbing it out for oil. What a pain. First time using a good processor, I didn’t realize the butter had to be melted.....

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Haven't been in this thread forever because I don't cook and I haven't been able to see people in over a year. UNTIL NOW. My friend made some pork belly (which the damn dog jammed his face into) and I'm drinking low calorie alcoholic Kool-aid.

View attachment 447936 View attachment 447937
Get a plate!
But seriously, learn to cook bud. It’s far easier than you would imagine.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Get a plate!
But seriously, learn to cook bud. It’s far easier than you would imagine.
Nah it's too much work when you live alone. Now that I can see my friends again they can all spoil me with delicious food. Plus I'm trying to cut calories and lose some weight.

And that was a trial chunk so I didn't get a plate until later.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Nah it's too much work when you live alone. Now that I can see my friends again they can all spoil me with delicious food. Plus I'm trying to cut calories and lose some weight.

And that was a trial chunk so I didn't get a plate until later.
Get a cookbook for two, or look up recipes online for two. You cut calories by eating home cooked meals(if you look for that), and have dinner for two nights each time you cook.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->