OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Anyhow, now that I've finished correcting the misguided, I finally took a stab at a dinner I've wanted to make for a while. I'd say it was spaghetti alla gricia, but in reality it was an imitation because I used the wrong meat (I used pancetta) and kind of ad libbed the steps a little to speed things up.

If you don't know the dish then here:

It's really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Rochefort #s are phenomenal beers.

I bought an air fryer and a really simple recipe makes the best wings I've ever had (creole seasoning, sesame oil, extra virgin olive oil, Lawry's seasoning salt.) Dip in your favorite. Even frozen wings come out tremendous.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Anyhow, now that I've finished correcting the misguided, I finally took a stab at a dinner I've wanted to make for a while. I'd say it was spaghetti alla gricia, but in reality it was an imitation because I used the wrong meat (I used pancetta) and kind of ad libbed the steps a little to speed things up.

If you don't know the dish then here:

It's really good.

He was good, technically he did everything well and I'm sure he is very good at other things. Too bad that having used pancetta and not guanciale it will never be a grigia, spaghetti for that pasta are the least suitable but the dish is certainly fantastic.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He was good, technically he did everything well and I'm sure he is very good at other things. Too bad that having used pancetta and not guanciale it will never be a grigia, spaghetti for that pasta are the least suitable but the dish is certainly fantastic.

Yeah I know for a sauce like that you want something like ridged rigatoni?

I also have to use pancetta because I've got no clue where to buy pigface. It's a shame because it is different flavors.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
F. F me in the A.
I’m following a dry rub recipe, that one ingredient calls for a “mix” that you make yourself, that contains several of the same ingredients. I reread this multiple times just to make sure.
Ok, whatever, this recipe claims to be award winning and all that jazz.
Lo and behold, the mix it wants me to make to add to the rub makes 2 cups worth while the recipe calls for 1/4 cup of the stupid f***ing mix.
I PUT I ALL IN ONE BOWL. f***!!!!!!

I am now out of several spices so I cannot start the rub over.

Please for the love of god if any of you in the future publish a recipe online, if there is any “ingredients” made of other ingredients that gets added into another set of ingredients, f***ING PUT THAT AS THE FIRST THING TO PREPARE!
At this point I don’t know if I bite the bullet and “sparingly” use the rub and risk wasting 9lbs or pork shoulder or throw the rub out and buy $30 of ingredients again.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Grilling some giant Ribeyes tonight that’ll be seasoned with Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt.

I’m going to be living large. So large.
I don’t think there’s another meat on this planet that can match up with a well prepared ribeye. Make a baked potato, get that streak up to 115 and give it a nice sear, and your already halfway to heaven.

Reactions: TB87

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The wife just handed me a Vietnamese hoagie(Banh Mi). Life is good.
90FA48BC-09F4-46A5-81CB-4FF1998F10AE.jpeg

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I don’t think there’s another meat on this planet that can match up with a well prepared ribeye. Make a baked potato, get that streak up to 115 and give it a nice sear, and your already halfway to heaven.

Its hard to mess it up. Best cut of meat IMO. Filet Mignon is good too but there’s just something special about Ribeye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->