OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
20210125_165725.jpg

Not bad domino's has improved their wings.

In a pinch, when I can't get to my preferred wing place, this does the job

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Sir, I love all your meat photos (ok, weird), but you cooked the life out of this. It looks like medium heat, for too long, without letting it get to room temperature and patting the extra moisture out of it before throwing into the skillet.
I let it sit at room temp for about an hour or so while wrapped in a paper towel before cooking.

I cooked it on mediumish heat for about two minutes on each side and let it finish in the oven for anothe four minutes or so.

I’m just moved into a new place and I’m cooking with cas for the first time, so I’m still getting used to that.

I’m also handicapping myself a bit since I try my damnedest to not set off the smoke detectors. Having survived a house fire they bring up some awful memories.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I let it sit at room temp for about an hour or so while wrapped in a paper towel before cooking.

I cooked it on mediumish heat for about two minutes on each side and let it finish in the oven for anothe four minutes or so.

I’m just moved into a new place and I’m cooking with cas for the first time, so I’m still getting used to that.

I’m also handicapping myself a bit since I try my damnedest to not set off the smoke detectors. Having survived a house fire they bring up some awful memories.
Fair enough, I can completely understand that.

I'm not a huge fan of reverse searing or sear to oven. I just think it dries it out too much.

Perfect steak. Rib Eye. 1.5 inches. Season with coarse kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Sear on medium high heat in a cast iron skillet and screaming hot canola oil for 2 and half minutes on each side. Baste each side for 30 seconds with chopped garlic, rosemary, butter. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with a DIPA and then enjoy life for 10-15 minutes.

Reactions: Lord Defect

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I am one who can destroy SOS and corned beef hash like crazy. Want to take the hash to another level cook it then add in green pepper and onion until the onion gets translucent then scramble eggs into that.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
20210126_120207.jpg

This has been the best game and company ever.

Hitman 3 2020 just came out

As you see they carried over

Hitman 1 2016
Hitman 2 2018

It's a trilogy.

So if you buy Hitman 3, you get the previous 2 free.

The modern style and detailed game play and freedom you have as 47 is the best I ever seen.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
View attachment 388449

This has been the best game and company ever.

Hitman 3 2020 just came out

As you see they carried over

Hitman 1 2016
Hitman 2 2018

It's a trilogy.

So if you buy Hitman 3, you get the previous 2 free.

The modern style and detailed game play and freedom you have as 47 is the best I ever seen.

Louis, no one on this Earth has ever loved anyone or anything as much as you love Hitman. Congrats on #3 coming out, buddy.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I am one who can destroy SOS and corned beef hash like crazy. Want to take the hash to another level cook it then add in green pepper and onion until the onion gets translucent then scramble eggs into that.
I make a breakfast hash that is bomb. Brown sausage or cook bacon in an oven safe pan. Dice 2 potatoes. Remove meat, lower heat, and add potatoes. Preheat oven to 400. While they get soft dice an apple and like half a large onion. Toss in onion when potatoes are like half cooked. Toss in apple a bit later. Crack like 8-10 eggs and scramble them in. Top with cheese. Into the oven. I let it in there for like 8-10 min...really just want the cheese to crisp.

I mix up a dressing of apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, herbs. Throw that on. Eat with sriracha. I might have a picture somewhere...it works with just about any meat, any kind of potato, any kind of apple.
3C5DCF87-E31E-475F-A45D-7628897AB2FF.jpeg

half goat cheese half cheddar

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I make a breakfast hash that is bomb. Brown sausage or cook bacon in an oven safe pan. Dice 2 potatoes. Remove meat, lower heat, and add potatoes. Preheat oven to 400. While they get soft dice an apple and like half a large onion. Toss in onion when potatoes are like half cooked. Toss in apple a bit later. Crack like 8-10 eggs and scramble them in. Top with cheese. Into the oven. I let it in there for like 8-10 min...really just want the cheese to crisp.

I mix up a dressing of apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, herbs. Throw that on. Eat with sriracha. I might have a picture somewhere...it works with just about any meat, any kind of potato, any kind of apple.
View attachment 388870

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f*** my life.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

View attachment 388870
66b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad