The Menu Part 13 The Reese's Edition and Defect Impeachment Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
guys, i actually tried grub hub first time today.

ended late in STL and nearly maxed out my 11 hrs of driving using 1051. I rarely push hard to avoid going over, but traffic was lighter and I made my delivery with 9 min to spare. However, I left my self not time to get to a place to eat.

So I used Grubhub there was a Panda express with in 2 miles. Got about 15 bucks worth of food, overall 24 for the job which included 4 dollar tip on top of the delivery charge. this guy made about 8 dollars, to go from the store to me which was like less then a mile drive.

I'm in the wrong business.

Imagine if you do like 5 or 10 of these, you will make about 100 easily.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

ended late in STL and nearly maxed out my 11 hrs of driving using 1051. I rarely push hard to avoid going over, but traffic was lighter and I made my delivery with 9 min to spare. However, I left my self not time to get to a place to eat.

So I used Grubhub there was a Panda express with in 2 miles. Got about 15 bucks worth of food, overall 24 for the job which included 4 dollar tip on top of the delivery charge. this guy made about 8 dollars, to go from the store to me which was like less then a mile drive.

Grub hub and Uber and lyft all make the company money. You as a driver are putting wear and tear on your vehicle. You really don’t make out much in the end. Dedicated delivery guys for a local chain, with a beater car, make out fine. I’ve been told the older your car is, the more money you actually make.
Panda Express blows. It tastes like cooked cardboard.
If you can get with a company that hauls LNG Lou, you can make a decent amount of money for sitting on a bomb. (It’s safe but it basically is a bomb if you think about it)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Uber/etc take 20-25% from them.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Uber/etc take 20-25% from them.

Grub hub and Uber and lyft all make the company money. You as a driver are putting wear and tear on your vehicle. You really don’t make out much in the end. Dedicated delivery guys for a local chain, with a beater car, make out fine. I’ve been told the older your car is, the more money you actually make.
Panda Express blows. It tastes like cooked cardboard.
If you can get with a company that hauls LNG Lou, you can make a decent amount of money for sitting on a bomb. (It’s safe but it basically is a bomb if you think about it)

I didn't want panda, but not many options where I was. I haul regualr Dry 53 FT trailers. It's 90 % Drop Hook, I don't have to do much work. Pay is about 1300 to 1600 in that range, based off 3100 miles weekly. I usually work no more than 8 or 9 hrs that gets me around 500 give or take., rarely do I push the 11 hrs, today I did but it's very rare. LNG and all Hazmat, hell no. it pays more yes, but I don't want that danger.

However, keep your fingers crossed. About 12 min from my home Vineland, 2 openings open up for a local trucking company near me. I put in for it Saturday, left message with the recruiter. I expect to speak to him Monday. It's M - F off weekends, 630am start time. Local shuttling and Yard jockey moves. Pay was I think between 20 - 24. I'll double check, but it be perfect for me.

I'd be home daily.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I didn't want panda, but not many options where I was. I haul regualr Dry 53 FT trailers. It's 90 % Drop Hook, I don't have to do much work. Pay is about 1300 to 1600 in that range, based off 3100 miles weekly. I usually work no more than 8 or 9 hrs that gets me around 500 give or take., rarely do I push the 11 hrs, today I did but it's very rare. LNG and all Hazmat, hell no. it pays more yes, but I don't want that danger.

However, keep your fingers crossed. About 12 min from my home Vineland, 2 openings open up for a local trucking company near me. I put in for it Saturday, left message with the recruiter. I expect to speak to him Monday. It's M - F off weekends, 630am start time. Local shuttling and Yard jockey moves. Pay was I think between 20 - 24. I'll double check, but it be perfect for me.

I'd be home daily.
I thought yard jockeying was generally reserved for people training for their cdl or guys that have been with the company a while and lost their license. No cdl is needed if the cab doesn’t leave the yard.
Good luck though. It’s always better if you can get home every night.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You should be happy to work at a place with great taste. Assparagas....eww.

The rest looks good.

You say ewww to every vegetable anyone posts except your own water (iceburg) lettuce smothered in ranch dressing. :laugh:

Reactions: Defect

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Cucumbers are the worst vegetable.

no @s pls

I don't really like to eat them, but I do chop them up into slices and let them infuse my water overnight with some limes.

Delicious + electrolytes

Edit: and they are f***ing phenomenal with vodka and silver tequila.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys,

For the first time ever in my career as a trucker, a car side swiped me.

I'm not sure how to post photos in here without using twitter. I don't want to put it on social media.

Anyways, Left STL heading towards ATL.

i64 EB mm 36, 2 lane road. No one in front or behind me. 1 car in the left lane, no one in front of him or behind him. He decides to pass me and enter the right lane. Problem he cut to soon and his Right door hit my left headlight. then He became a T in front of my truck and then bounced off to the right into the ditch with is car facing the WB direction.

His right side was completely smashed and F up. He amazingly was ok, not injured. The left headlight was cracked, but suprisingly still worked, he had scratched around the bumper and some damage inside the bumper and some cracks in the hood. I amazingly didn't loose control, barely felt any resistance. I was able to pull off without flippling over.

been driving since 2008. I have over 1 million safe miles. I never had anyone hit me till today.

The state trooper came out, after gathering info and looking at everything, the driver of the car was at fault.

I wasn't charged and free to go. My job also cleared me, nothing will be put on my record. I was suprised I didn't have to take a drug test. He checked all my info, I had the right to be in my lane, he came over to my lane and made contact not paying attention. Not sure if he was on the phone.

so the truck needs about 3 days work. So I'm flying home for a few days. Atleast, no discipline will be against me by the law and the job and when the truck is fixed, I'm cleared to roll.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Guys,

I'm not sure how to post photos in here without using twitter. I don't want to put it on social media.

i64 EB mm 36, 2 lane road. No one in front or behind me. 1 car in the left lane, no one in front of him or behind him. He decides to pass me and enter the right lane. Problem he cut to soon and his Right door hit my left headlight. then He became a T in front of my truck and then bounced off to the right into the ditch with is car facing the WB direction.

His right side was completely smashed and F up. He amazingly was ok, not injured. The left headlight was cracked, but suprisingly still worked, he had scratched around the bumper and some damage inside the bumper and some cracks in the hood. I amazingly didn't loose control, barely felt any resistance. I was able to pull off without flippling over.

been driving since 2008. I have over 1 million safe miles. I never had anyone hit me till today.

The state trooper came out, after gathering info and looking at everything, the driver of the car was at fault.

I wasn't charged and free to go. My job also cleared me, nothing will be put on my record. I was suprised I didn't have to take a drug test. He checked all my info, I had the right to be in my lane, he came over to my lane and made contact not paying attention. Not sure if he was on the phone.

so the truck needs about 3 days work. So I'm flying home for a few days. Atleast, no discipline will be against me by the law and the job and when the truck is fixed, I'm cleared to roll.
Glad you’re ok Lou. Shocked you didn’t have to pee in a cup for work. Go get some good home cooking and spent time with the fam.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Guys,

Glad our favorite trucker is safe!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Guys,

I am not surprised that you won that battle, Louis.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You say ewww to every vegetable anyone posts except your own water (iceburg) lettuce smothered in ranch dressing. :laugh:
lies.

I never use ranch dressing on a salad...rarely use it at all actually. Now poppyseed, that is my go-to right now. And fwiw, romaine is my main lettuce but with all the killing it has been trying to do, iceberg it is.

I 100% admit, I don't eat much veggies. Never have. Lettuce, cukes, carrots, corn...then the fruity cousin, tomato. After that...it's on a scale of meh to yuck.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Glad you’re ok Lou. Shocked you didn’t have to pee in a cup for work. Go get some good home cooking and spent time with the fam.

Glad our favorite trucker is safe!

I am not surprised that you won that battle, Louis.

Dave, I was honest from the moment I called 911. Everything I told the state trooper, matched the evidence and the point of contact.

I also was calm the hole time.

The other try, tried to say he hydroplane into me. He was to light for that and trooper didn't buy that story.

Also b4 the trooper arrived, the guy approached me, and said are you ok.

If I caused it, I'll be you he be calling me a F A hole.

He was very defensive.

He was driving a white Cadillac 2 door CTS.

As said I barely felt anything, I was hauling 78k.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
20200222_144415.jpg

One of my fave foods... had 5 in 5 days when in Austria.

Burek. If you are ever in ex-Yugoslavia, Turkey or Austria/Switzerland/parts of Germany or Italy get some.

One of the best pastry products on earth. Minced meat is the best one! Cheese is also good!

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I like my water lettuce compared to dry leaves of yuck. I'm not big on green vegetables either but at least I love the hell out of asparagus. Then again I tend to love nearly everything my friend cooks for me. Saute it in some butter or olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper on it and I'm in love. My last visit he sauteed some fresh brussel sprouts with mushrooms, onions and bacon to go with a side of sous vide steaks. Forget seconds, I probably had eighths.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->