The Menu 18th Edition The Daymond Lankow/ Surrounded by Ahos Steak Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
false, I was against them until I got one as a gift. makes it easier to keep a constant flow of spicy water into my body
I've had one forever I stopped using it mostly because I need sugar free stuff and theirs didn't have a good taste to most of the sugar free.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Naw....they are rice noodles....that's the way they came
I know they just look....short...

I'm just messing with you. Pad Thai is a really tough dish to nail as a home cook. There are a lot of really special ingredients to make it "authentic"

I was at a lake house last weekend and cooked for like 15 people for a thai themed dinner. I didnt have pad thai ingredients but I made veggie/tofu rice noodles with a sauce I made out of fish sauce, lime juice, splash of soy, sambal, palm sugar, water, and dash of sesame oil. paired with with ground pork lettuce wraps and grilled chicken thighs/shrimp with a killer sauce/dressing Kenji makes in this video

4AE187B5-5145-4406-AB48-173ED56FC1CA.jpeg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
How'd the london broil come out? That cut of meat can be such a dick. You could do everything right and it might still come out tough and leathery.
It got away from me a bit while trying to get the taters done.
We normally pin it, the marinate for two days. Seat on both sides, then turn the heat way down. Then pray you got a decent cut of meat.
Wrapping it in foil helps a ton but I didn’t do it this time.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh man, now I have to guess where y'all are. I like this game. I'm think it's Relish, but I'm not sure.

Food looks great, though, wherever it is!

It is indeed relish. I couldn't decide what to actually get, so I went with "bacon jam" because I think it's hard to be disappointed. The pulled pork burrito was a close second.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Fried pickles are underrated. Top tier appetizer when prepared well.
Agreed!
BUT....(for me anyway) it must be pickle chips and NOT pickle spears. Got an order of fried pickles from...I actually don't remember where, and they spears. The wife and I looked at the waitress like she had 3 heads. They were not great.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Agreed!
BUT....(for me anyway) it must be pickle chips and NOT pickle spears. Got an order of fried pickles from...I actually don't remember where, and they spears. The wife and I looked at the waitress like she had 3 heads. They were not great.
What f***ery is this. What kind of whack job would use spears instead of chips?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
What f***ery is this. What kind of whack job would use spears instead of chips?
Might be a regional thing, but I have seen a few places use spears. It still works as long as the bread to pickle ratio remains similar.

One place I know for sure has spears is Bill Pickle's Taproom at Penn State

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Might be a regional thing, but I have seen a few places use spears. It still works as long as the bread to pickle ratio remains similar.

One place I know for sure has spears is Bill Pickle's Taproom at Penn State

Varga in center city used to do spears as well, if memory serves. They were fantastic. But like you said, the ratio has to be right.

Reactions: landsbergfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->