Speculation: The Many Connections of Chris MacFarland

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Since it keeps coming up, I wanted to actually dig deep and find all of the former Blue Jackets who went on to become Avalanche players (Or members of our AHL affiliate) since his arrival in May of 2015. Prior to this he spent 16 seasons with Columbus, most notably as a Scout, and AGM.

Cody Bass
Francois Beauchemin
Derick Brassard
Andrew Bodnarcuck
Rene Bourque
Matt Calvert
Ian Cole
Blake Comeau
Kevin Connauton
Marko Dano
Justin Falk
Curtis Glencross
Cody Goloubef
Jack Skille
Jeremy Smith
T.J Tynan
Fyodor Tyutin
Trent Vogelhuber

I think this is all for now, will update if I missed any or more are acquired.

I completely forgot about coaching staff, adding them now.

Jared Bednar
Nolan Pratt

Bonus funny fact:

MacFarland joined Columbus prior to the 1999-00 NHL campaign and served as the club's manager of hockey operations from 2001-07 before being promoted to assistant to the general manager in July 2007. He moved to the position of assistant general manager a year later in July 2008.

Candid shot of MacFarland after being promoted to Assistant GM:
F06bPD.gif

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It’s ridiculous, really.

Sakic doesn’t know enough himself. Our pro scouts are either the same old useless piles of bones or they’re not listened to.

The only thing that matters is MacFarland; his opinions and most importantly his connections!

This man is going to tell Sakic to sign Ryan Dzingel and trade for Alexander Wennberg.

chris_macfarland_2017.JPG

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Oh yeah. Lets screw up our window of opportunity with another bunch of shit columbus players.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Great work coming up with that list. It's really eye-opening to see it presented like that.

Maybe it's worth it to send this to someone in the media like Dater so this becomes a talking point?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm calling it now. This offseason, the Avs will sign:
  • Panarin
  • Dzingel
  • Adam McQuaid
  • Mark Letestu
  • Sam Vigneault, C
  • Tommy Cross, D
  • Jean-François Bérubé, G
We will also trade for Jack Johnson and Tyler Motte

Finally, Rick Nash will come out of retirement and sign with us in the hopes of playing with MacKinnon.

At the end of the season, Sakic moves to the role of President of Hockey Operations and Chris MacFarland becomes the new Avalanche GM. Recently fired Jarmo Kekäläinen comes on board as Assistant GM.

The End.

img_2522-1.gif

Reactions: TruePowerSlave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad