Online Series: The Mandalorian III- NO Politics-Mysterious disappearance of Cara Dune

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Basically what we need is a Knights of the Old Republic/Rogue One plot arc. Spend a season picking up crew one at a time through various encounters, and then subsequent seasons are about the crew as a whole.

Yes, I agree. I really am starting to get tired of it just being Mando and Grogu. Hopefully him getting a new ship will need a bigger crew or something.

(Personally I think the concept of restoring Mandolore should be the ultimate goal of this series, especially since I'd be okay with Katee Sackhoff becoming a co-star)

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I really like the Mandalorian, but it really does have several flat characters who get too much screen time. It wouldn’t hurt the show to focus a little more on quality time with the interesting ones.

The fact that Carano self-identified as a drag on the franchise’s image simply makes it convenient to go in that direction.

The Mythrol character is just annoying.

Reactions: tarheelhockey
Sep 19, 2008
Whether you agree with Gina or not, she is a TERRIBLE actor. Addition by subtraction. Don't like her position, but I never liked her character or performance before finding about her views. Her character is bland and as one dimensional as her acting as well, the show can do better than Cara Dune.

Mandolorian needs to do a better job of having better supporting characters that are accompany him, he needs to have characters to develop with. He honestly needs a crew, starting with Migs.
I'll say it before and I'll say it again she brought nothing to the Mandalorian other than being the tough gal. That role can be case to any WWE star lmao. Put Paige VanZant there if you want, who cares.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'll say it before and I'll say it again she brought nothing to the Mandalorian other than being the tough gal. That role can be case to any WWE star lmao. Put Paige VanZant there if you want, who cares.

I agreee someone with a bit more screen charisma than Gina would have been great.

Sep 19, 2008
I agreee someone with a bit more screen charisma than Gina would have been great.
At the time Gina had been away from the MMA ring for some time if I recall correctly so just put in a WWE superstar there as they have experience with charisma through promos

I would really like to see Bliss or Charlotte Flair or Bayley try to fill in. And someone else suggested Rhea Ripley too. The point is the role is easily fillable so nobody should be crying about Gina leaving

Reactions: tacogeoff

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I typically think re-casting is a bad idea. However if all they do is replace Cara Dune with another tough woman character that would be pretty boring IMO. Does Mando know all the tough MMA/wrestling women in the galaxy or something? :laugh:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
This thread could easily turn into an SCP article with the amount of talk going on about [REDACTED].

Sep 19, 2008
So apparently there is some chatter that Pedro Pascal wants off the show? When they announced that he was cast on The Last of Us it was made clear that TLoU had 1st dibs on him for whatever shooting times they want. The rumblings are that Pedro was unhappy and was using it as a way to strong arm his way out. Same rumours also thought he might have been unhappy because of a certain presence that is will no longer be an issue, so maybe that helps. He's rarely actually the one in the suit anyway, so I guess worst case Ontario they just record his audio in a booth and call it a day.

Oh, and the order is obviously

The prequels are just unwatchable. Despite the obvious flaws in the new ones at least they bring something to the table each time.
the prequels are better than the disney movies

3 is amazing

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
the prequels are better than the disney movies

3 is amazing

I'd put 3 and 9 on the same level. 3 has some major flaws. 7 and 8 are easily better than 1 and 2.

I always struggle with those lists because RotJ screws me up. My absolute favorite moments in the franchise are in the Emperor's Throne Room. My absolute favorite space battle is the one going on at the same time. The battle on Endor is not a favorite and the Jabba's Palace sequence ranks among the worst moments in the franchise for me. Possibly only better than the droid factory in AotC.

It's just hard for me to really ding a movie that has the best parts in it... so I end up doing something like this:

Good RotJ moments
ANH
ESB
TLJ
TCW Essential Arcs

The Mandalorian (there @Pranzo Oltranzista, it's on topic).
Rogue One
Rebels
TFA
Decent RotJ moments
Solo

RotS
TRoS

TPM
TCW non-essential arcs
Bad RotJ moments
Resistance
AotC

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I'd put 3 and 9 on the same level. 3 has some major flaws. 7 and 8 are easily better than 1 and 2.

I always struggle with those lists because RotJ screws me up. My absolute favorite moments in the franchise are in the Emperor's Throne Room. My absolute favorite space battle is the one going on at the same time. The battle on Endor is not a favorite and the Jabba's Palace sequence ranks among the worst moments in the franchise for me. Possibly only better than the droid factory in AotC.

It's just hard for me to really ding a movie that has the best parts in it... so I end up doing something like this:

Good RotJ moments
ANH
ESB
TLJ
TCW Essential Arcs

The Mandalorian (there @Pranzo Oltranzista, it's on topic).
Rogue One
Rebels
TFA
Decent RotJ moments
Solo

RotS
TRoS

TPM
TCW non-essential arcs
Bad RotJ moments
Resistance
AotC

Oh, my "wrong thread again" was posted only because I edited my post - I tend to post my last film you've seen comment in any/all threads but the right one. I wasn't saying we were off subject here, sorry about that!

As for the ranking, I like yours a lot. Mine goes:

T1. The Empire Strikes Back - best / more fun
T1. The Last Jedi - more interesting
-
-
3. A New Hope
4. Rogue One
5. The Force Awakens
-
-
6. Return of the Jedi - but I 100% agree that it has great moments.
7. The Mandalorian (up 'til now)
-
-
8. Solo
-
A burning pile of shit
-
9. The Rise of the Skywalker
10. Attack of the Clones
11. Revenge of the Sith
12. The Phantom Menace

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ok, I'll repeat it. A 52 year old Lucy Lawless could easily play Cara Dune better than REDACTED.

Great idea, let's put a 52 year old woman into a physically demanding role

That definitely won't suck in any way, what is this 1997?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Great idea, let's put a 52 year old woman into a physically demanding role

That definitely won't suck in any way, what is this 1997?

Stunt guys do the heavy lifting for everyone. Plus she was in Ash vs Evil Dead recently and looked just fine for the part.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Stunt guys do the heavy lifting for everyone. Plus she was in Ash vs Evil Dead recently and looked just fine for the part.

Yeah, and it usually shows to

Lawless is meh as an actress but she's to old to be doing that job

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->